I Hope Sarah Palin Runs

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah Palin really does represent a majority of Americans. I truly believe that. Not being facetious at all. Ask the average American to name a newspaper or magazine that shapes their views on foreign policy and they would draw a blank. Ask the average American who Paul Revere was and they would most likely say he rode a horse but not really know why. She makes "average" people feel like they have someone to speak on their behalf, but don't we want someone better than "average" leading out country?

"Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there that 'hey, you're not going to take American arms, you are not going to beat our own well-armed persons individual private militia that we have." She blamed her previous answer on the media, saying it was a "gotcha question."

This is your new and more thought out answer? Really?

I'll admit it: when Sarah first burst on the scene, at the Republican convention, I was a fan -- yes, I was. But if there was the tiniest little shard of fandom left in me...this just took care of it! :ohbrother:

According to Historians she was factually correct.

I've heard some of that spin this morning.

"He who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking our arms by ringing those bells." - Sarah Palin

First of all, where do the bells come in? It was clandestine ride between three riders. She obviously remembers the North Church but forgets lanterns and equates a church with bells.

Second, he warns the British according to Sarah. Only after captured and only as a "grandstand" to them, not as part of his principle duty of the night.

Third, Sarah says: "riding through town to send those warning shots and bells." Really. Warning shots??? It's obvious the woman has "the shot heard round the world" confused with Paul Revere.

I've not heard any feedback from historians but did hear a columnist cite here "factually correct" junk.

This is a case where she comes off inept, looking like a person who can't think on the fly or retain and process what she's just learned. Do we need another President like that?

I've heard some of that spin this morning.

"He who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking our arms by ringing those bells." - Sarah Palin

First of all, where do the bells come in? It was clandestine ride between three riders. She obviously remembers the North Church but forgets lanterns and equates a church with bells.

Second, he warns the British according to Sarah. Only after captured and only as a "grandstand" to them, not as part of his principle duty of the night.

Third, Sarah says: "riding through town to send those warning shots and bells." Really. Warning shots??? It's obvious the woman has "the shot heard round the world" confused with Paul Revere.

I've not heard any feedback from historians but did hear a columnist cite here "factually correct" junk.

This is a case where she comes off inept, looking like a person who can't think on the fly or retain and process what she's just learned. Do we need another President like that?

Apparently many think so.

Boggles the mind.

I've become numb to it over the past 35 years. Seems to get worse the more information becomes available, which is surprising.

You bring up a valid point.

As the flow of information exponentially increases, are people more dependent on sound bites and little snippets of video to form opinions than in the past? Once upon a time, folks actually had to read and listen.