Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to beat a dead horse but Geisler is player of the year, no doubt about it. I hope the kid gets his wish and plays at the next level in at least a D2 program. I think he can play D1.

Would look good in scarlet and black at Bellarmine!!

A question, who announced Hatton as the MVP? I was at the game and they made no mention of it when announcing the All Tourney team as they didn't mention a MVP in the girls all tourney game team. Now I am not saying he didn't deserve it but....

BTW both Boone County Girls and the NCC boys lost their games because they didn't convert their free throws.

And to answer your question CC, in the 1965 Ninth Region Tourney I believe it was the year Holy Cross lost in the the finals against Breckenridge County they and St. Henry went to five over times.

Ok Ok I will cut him slack. I'm a huge fan of his and lovrd hearing him demand the ball in all the OT's. He had zero fouls on him during the OTs which was amazing. He came out in the 4th OT and scored the first 5 pts for Dixie which was huge.

NCC had to of shot less than 50% from the line and still had a shot to win. Geisler was a beast and his buzzer 3 to send it to the 4th OT was awesome.

Stansberry played great and Trammel was key in all the OTs. How those 5 NCC starters lasted I will never know. Outside ofthe frosh Schulte playing 3 min in the first half for Hightchew, Idon't believe they subbed anyone else until the OTs when Beuter got his 4th. Then they brought in Dupont to foul. Gutty effort and how about Andy Miller scoring 18?

Hightchew was silent in the final 2 OTs which was surprising. I thought with Trammel guarding him and Trammel having four fouls, that he could have been affective.

Bottom line is Dixie made their FTs in the end and it earned them the win. Congrats to the Colonels and good luck at Rupp.

The police really need to settle down some at the BOKC. The Dixie students indeed were excited and after Dixie received their award they came over to their follow classmates section to give some love to each other. Now the NKU police were blocking the way and when a table got kocked over (it indeed was an accident) a police officer put a hard and force able forearm into a Dixie Students chest to keep him back. Now gee guys, it was a game that went four overtimes and it was the first time in 53 years that a Dixie team had won the Ninth Region Basketball Championship, what did you think the students were going to do but be excited about going to Rupp. They were not going to cause any problems at all they were just happy and the students and the players wanted to share the excitement together!

HC beat St Thomas 70-68 in overtime in '65 regionals. Wasn't St Henry & wasn't 5 OT's.

A question, who announced Hatton as the MVP? I was at the game and they made no mention of it when announcing the All Tourney team as they didn't mention a MVP in the girls all tourney game team. Now I am not saying he didn't deserve it but....

BTW both Boone County Girls and the NCC boys lost their games because they didn't convert their free throws.

And to answer your question CC, in the 1965 Ninth Region Tourney I believe it was the year Holy Cross lost in the the finals against Breckenridge County they and St. Henry went to five over times.

Classless move by Hatton at halfcourt chest pumping to the NCC crowd.

After that game and that emotion, I think the young man was just enjoying the moment the way young kids do these days. No harm , no foul.