Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)

Who said that the BOKC couldn't be as loud as a HS gym, nor could you have the excitement from the crowd in a much larger Center?

Congrats to Dixie but the kids from NCC kids have no reason to hang their heads.

And finally who hasn't thinking of the Movie Hoosiers and Ollie, after #45 of Dixie went to the line to shoot his free throws in I think the fourth OT?

Indeed it was a great week of HS Basketball......

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The police really need to settle down some at the BOKC. The Dixie students indeed were excited and after Dixie received their award they came over to their follow classmates section to give some love to each other. Now the NKU police were blocking the way and when a table got kocked over (it indeed was an accident) a police officer put a hard and force able forearm into a Dixie Students chest to keep him back. Now gee guys, it was a game that went four overtimes and it was the first time in 53 years that a Dixie team had won the Ninth Region Basketball Championship, what did you think the students were going to do but be excited about going to Rupp. They were not going to cause any problems at all they were just happy and the students and the players wanted to share the excitement together!

Problem is, you know this but BOK police and staff dont and really shouldnt matter. Probably somewhere on that ticket it says "attendee plays by our rules" when one walks onto their property.

BTW, I sat on the same end with you and it was the 2nd time during the game that the table and chairs got knocked over during the game. I guess a dumb spot for the table and chairs.

The police really need to settle down some at the BOKC. The Dixie students indeed were excited and after Dixie received their award they came over to their follow classmates section to give some love to each other. Now the NKU police were blocking the way and when a table got kocked over (it indeed was an accident) a police officer put a hard and force able forearm into a Dixie Students chest to keep him back. Now gee guys, it was a game that went four overtimes and it was the first time in 53 years that a Dixie team had won the Ninth Region Basketball Championship, what did you think the students were going to do but be excited about going to Rupp. They were not going to cause any problems at all they were just happy and the students and the players wanted to share the excitement together!
Amen to that!

Fouls ??????

Four fouls and plenty of blocks. The last foul they called on Dupont should have gone to him and fouled him out but I think the 8th Region official got a text from a 9th Region official telling him that aint how they do things in the 9th. LOL

Was a great game. One that I thought for sure was going to give me a heartache. Neither team let up. NCC has nothing to hang their heads about as they played a TERRIFIC game. Dixie just played a touch better.

Couldn't have asked for a better regional final. Except maybe on the part of the officiating. It was absolutely terrible all tournament long and was especially bad today. It almost cost Dixie the game on multiple occasions. I've never see so many obvious calls missed or so many bad calls made. Pike and Stansberry block a shot and get whistled. Geisler runs over Pike and their is no whistle. Geisler falls to the ground without dribbling and there is nothing. Hatton gets a forearm to his back on an inbounds that caused him to fall and the ball go out, no whistle. Whoever voted this crew as one of the best from the 8th region needs to retire because they were flat wrong.

Four fouls and plenty of blocks. The last foul they called on Dupont should have gone to him and fouled him out but I think the 8th Region official got a text from a 9th Region official telling him that aint how they do things in the 9th. LOL

He played a GREAT game ........I just don't know how a guy his size, playing all those minutes goes half the forth period and four over-times and doesn't pick-up his fifth, while Dixie players are fouling out left and right. I seen him play twice this year first being senior nite and I thought they (refs) protected him that night also.

He played a GREAT game ........I just don't know how a guy his size, playing all those minutes goes half the forth period and four over-times and doesn't pick-up his fifth, while Dixie players are fouling out left and right. I seen him play twice this year first being senior nite and I thought they (refs) protected him that night also.

Pls explain. Why would they protect him?

AGREED 100%! So much for fan friendly! That table also fell (by accident) at the beginning of the the game, instead of leaving it there some Dixie students put it back in place.