Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)

Glad to hear Dixie Fan's picked up the table - I would hate to hear the wrath if it was left on the floor :rolleyes:
Well, you never know what will happen with the people at the BOK! Saying it because they could have just left it there and say the hell with it, they were courteous to do something about it even though it wasn't their fault, which may have held off the wrath from the BOK.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didnt have ties to any team this week and saw all of the boys games. The one older ref today was terrible, each gm he reffed. not sure what night it was but he called fouls and was giving scores table wrong #, he did that like 3 times in 1 gm. it was in the Holmes gm. Thurs.

Guest oxide
One thing about great players is they continue to shoot even when they are not hitting and they ask for the ball in pressure situations. I saw Brandon Hatton doing that all night long. He was struggling from the field during regulation but in the end they went back to him because he is the type of player even as a 15 yr old Freshman that will tell his teammates to get him the ball. He missed a couple FT's in one of the OT's but then came right back and sank 2.

I cant believe we have to deal with him for 3 more years in the 9th and that is not trying to sound negative just saying that he will be a major challenge for any team to defend.

How Old is Brandon Hatton?

Wow what a great final. With no allegiance to either team, I believe I am unbiased. This game was simply won because Dixie made key free throws, while NCC didn't. These kids poured their hearts out that it was a shame either team had to lose. The officiating was very good IMO. They let the kids decide the outcome, you can't make a foul call on last second shots unless it is extremely obvious. Congratulations to Dixie. Both teams had opportunities to win and both teams made enough mistakes to lose. Great crowd for both final games, also great crowds for the rest of the tournament. BOKC is without a doubt an excellent place to have these games. No home court advantage, plenty of room, and parking is close and cheap. Conner, Holmes and Ryle are great HS venues, but they could not have held the crowds for these games. I love it that both the boys and girls play their finals back to back. I can't believe anyone would be negative about the players, they are kids and this was real pressure. Good luck to Dixie at Rupp.

I posted this on the BOKC thread, but it bears repeating here as well.

"The Arena's policy on shooting video has to be addressed. I direct this to the 9th Region Athletic Directors........If the deal isn't signed yet, it has to be added in that media outlets be allowed to shoot video. The $10,000 amount was thrown out there again, but I call BS. This is HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL...not the NBA, not even college for Pete's sake. HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL. We have shot video at most of all of the 40+ games we have done this year, and what I don't get it that they let us do it for the Bluegrass/Buckeye Charity Holiday Classic in the same building where we could stream it LIVE.

PLEASE GET THIS CHANGED. I think that after seeing the NCC/Dixie game today, that most folks if not all will agree. What a great game, but unless you are the Dixie or NCC video people, or you snuck a video camera in, there is no video of the tremendous effort left on that court. That's a shame. "

I posted this on the BOKC thread, but it bears repeating here as well.

"The Arena's policy on shooting video has to be addressed. I direct this to the 9th Region Athletic Directors........If the deal isn't signed yet, it has to be added in that media outlets be allowed to shoot video. The $10,000 amount was thrown out there again, but I call BS. This is HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL...not the NBA, not even college for Pete's sake. HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL. We have shot video at most of all of the 40+ games we have done this year, and what I don't get it that they let us do it for the Bluegrass/Buckeye Charity Holiday Classic in the same building where we could stream it LIVE.

PLEASE GET THIS CHANGED. I think that after seeing the NCC/Dixie game today, that most folks if not all will agree. What a great game, but unless you are the Dixie or NCC video people, or you snuck a video camera in, there is no video of the tremendous effort left on that court. That's a shame. "

:thumb::thumb:

Did you also notice the coach for NC would jump and yell as a Dixie boy got a clear look for a 3 by their bench. 3 times in the 1st half he did that. Ref said something to him after the 3rd time.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Did they lower the basket instead of using a ladder for the players to cut down the net like they did for the girls? Strangest thing I've ever seen. Was this a liability issue with kids on ladders? If that's the case, another example of the need for tort reform.