Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)

He played a GREAT game ........I just don't know how a guy his size, playing all those minutes goes half the forth period and four over-times and doesn't pick-up his fifth, while Dixie players are fouling out left and right. I seen him play twice this year first being senior nite and I thought they (refs) protected him that night also.

Maybe because he's that good!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was a great game. One that I thought for sure was going to give me a heartache. Neither team let up. NCC has nothing to hang their heads about as they played a TERRIFIC game. Dixie just played a touch better.

Couldn't have asked for a better regional final. Except maybe on the part of the officiating. It was absolutely terrible all tournament long and was especially bad today. It almost cost Dixie the game on multiple occasions. I've never see so many obvious calls missed or so many bad calls made. Pike and Stansberry block a shot and get whistled. Geisler runs over Pike and their is no whistle. Geisler falls to the ground without dribbling and there is nothing. Hatton gets a forearm to his back on an inbounds that caused him to fall and the ball go out, no whistle. Whoever voted this crew as one of the best from the 8th region needs to retire because they were flat wrong.

They werent as bad as I expected. They were eating their whistle a lot on both ends but when you have a physical game like today's you are going to have a lot of fouls. There were a few missed calls but for the most part they didnt play a part in deciding the outcome which is what I thought was key. NCC extended the game by fouling and hoping Dixie missed FT's and in the end Dixie simply made them when they had to. Hats off to the Muntis kid for hitting most of his and the Evans boy for drilling those final 2 FT's. That is a very tense situation and they did an outstanding job. I though Muntis' FT's were going to bring rain. What an arch.

One thing about great players is they continue to shoot even when they are not hitting and they ask for the ball in pressure situations. I saw Brandon Hatton doing that all night long. He was struggling from the field during regulation but in the end they went back to him because he is the type of player even as a 15 yr old Freshman that will tell his teammates to get him the ball. He missed a couple FT's in one of the OT's but then came right back and sank 2.

I cant believe we have to deal with him for 3 more years in the 9th and that is not trying to sound negative just saying that he will be a major challenge for any team to defend.

The police really need to settle down some at the BOKC. The Dixie students indeed were excited and after Dixie received their award they came over to their follow classmates section to give some love to each other. Now the NKU police were blocking the way and when a table got kocked over (it indeed was an accident) a police officer put a hard and force able forearm into a Dixie Students chest to keep him back. Now gee guys, it was a game that went four overtimes and it was the first time in 53 years that a Dixie team had won the Ninth Region Basketball Championship, what did you think the students were going to do but be excited about going to Rupp. They were not going to cause any problems at all they were just happy and the students and the players wanted to share the excitement together!

It was a celebration, and thank you for supporting a high school fan section from NKY!

My point is he has played in enough big games on the AAU circuit to know better. he is excused OK !!!!!!

I was looking for my own clarification. When you said that "he has been THERE at AAU state championship games", I thought that maybe they changed the location of Kentucky AAU championships to BOKC. (Was not at today's game, no dog in this fight, just a simple LOCATION question.)

I was looking for my own clarification. When you said that "he has been THERE at AAU state championship games", I thought that maybe they changed the location of Kentucky AAU championships to BOKC. (Was not at today's game, no dog in this fight, just a simple LOCATION question.)

Oh no they dont play them there but wish they did. I would definitely pay for a ticket to see the top kids in the state playing on the AAU circuit. They play the AAU State games at KBA down in Lexington.

AGREED 100%! So much for fan friendly! That table also fell (by accident) at the beginning of the the game, instead of leaving it there some Dixie students put it back in place.

And I was told it also fell during the girls game as well and some Electronic equipment went down. Not good.

RE asked a question previously that I would also like clarified.

Pikes fouls as I recall them:

Foul when Geisler made a spin move

Foul when he tripped a dribbler near the foul line

Foul when he tried to block a jumper at the foul line in the 3rd. Chev quickly yanked him.

Foul when he was trying to trap someone on the sideline. Dixie fans were screaming wondering why he was even in the game at that point with 3 fouls.

When the official reported this foul they said it was his 3rd. Wasn't his 3rd when he got called for the attempted shot block at the foul line? I know Chev thought so.

Huge break for Dixie.

AGREED 100%! So much for fan friendly! That table also fell (by accident) at the beginning of the the game, instead of leaving it there some Dixie students put it back in place.

Glad to hear Dixie Fan's picked up the table - I would hate to hear the wrath if it was left on the floor :rolleyes:

Maybe because he's that good!

:thumb: Absolutely correct. Geisler is very smart and he is excellent at going straight up and not reaching over guys to get blocks. Honestly, I thought he got called for more fouls this week than he should have.

IMO anyone who complains about the officiating this week is doing so because they are emotionally tied to one team or another. The officials were very good the whole tournament IMO. Yes, there were a few calls that were debatable but that is basketball. I thought the officials did a very good job throughout the tournament.

:thumb: Absolutely correct. Geisler is very smart and he is excellent at going straight up and not reaching over guys to get blocks. Honestly, I thought he got called for more fouls this week than he should have.

IMO anyone who complains about the officiating this week is doing so because they are emotionally tied to one team or another. The officials were very good the whole tournament IMO. Yes, there were a few calls that were debatable but that is basketball. I thought the officials did a very good job throughout the tournament.

Were you watching the 9th region tournament or another tournament????