Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)

:thumb: Absolutely correct. Geisler is very smart and he is excellent at going straight up and not reaching over guys to get blocks. Honestly, I thought he got called for more fouls this week than he should have.

IMO anyone who complains about the officiating this week is doing so because they are emotionally tied to one team or another. The officials were very good the whole tournament IMO. Yes, there were a few calls that were debatable but that is basketball. I thought the officials did a very good job throughout the tournament.

I concur with you VOR! The Stripes did a great job this afternoon and throughout this tourney! They let the kids play and didn't let the games get out of control. They didn't interfere in last second shots that could have been called fouls and yes while there were some bad calls, that is too part of the game. Congrats Gentlemen and thank you, for without you the Officials, there isn't a game!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Were you watching the 9th region tournament or another tournament????

In listening to fans at the game and in hearing about a poster in the update thread it's obvious many do not know the travel rule. You mentioned previously that Geisler fell to the ground. Incorrect. Yes, he did go to the ground but he was dribbling all the way and continued to after he hit the floor. That's not a travel. Officials , unlike fans , know that's not a travel.

The only call I questioned was the lack of a 5th foul called on Jake in one of the OTs. His blocks were clean when I had a good view. However, like all of you who were at the game, we couldn't see everything going on through all of the bodies.

Another example: Player A passes the ball and it goes OOB. Official immediately says B1 tipped it and it's still A's ball. The fans 100 feet from the play lost their mind. The guy was standing right there watching the play yet fans 100 feet away had a better view? Come on.

Well called game because they let both teams play. What's the complaint we hear? Refs are too ticky tacky. Let them play. What happens when they "let them play?" Fans say "you're terrible. It's getting out of control."

Were you watching the 9th region tournament or another tournament????

NKU you know I love you but as VOR pointed out you have an emotional tie to Dixie. As a fan of the game and not a team playing, I and VOR can watch a game a bit different than you. Have fun at Rupp, and look me up as I will be there on Wednesday rooting on the Red Colonels.

I concur with you VOR! The Stripes did a great job this afternoon and throughout this tourney! They let the kids play and didn't let the games get out of control. They didn't interfere in last second shots that could have been called fouls and yes while there were some bad calls, that is too part of the game. Congrats Gentlemen and thank you, for without you the Officials, there isn't a game!

These guys are three of the best of the 8th Region. I agree, they called a great game. I think there was one call that Coldiron called in the first half that went against Dixie that may have been questionable, but other than that a clean game.

These guys are three of the best of the 8th Region. I agree, they called a great game. I think there was one call that Coldiron called in the first half that went against Dixie that may have been questionable, but other than that a clean game.

"Questionable" is simply a world refs live in and deal with. Other than the R's toss in OT that seemed to go 18 feet in the air they did well.

In listening to fans at the game and in hearing about a poster in the update thread it's obvious many do not know the travel rule. You mentioned previously that Geisler fell to the ground. Incorrect. Yes, he did go to the ground but he was dribbling all the way and continued to after he hit the floor. That's not a travel. Officials , unlike fans , know that's not a travel.

The only call I questioned was the lack of a 5th foul called on Jake in one of the OTs. His blocks were clean when I had a good view. However, like all of you who were at the game, we couldn't see everything going on through all of the bodies.

Another example: Player A passes the ball and it goes OOB. Official immediately says B1 tipped it and it's still A's ball. The fans 100 feet from the play lost their mind. The guy was standing right there watching the play yet fans 100 feet away had a better view? Come on.

Well called game because they let both teams play. What's the complaint we hear? Refs are too ticky tacky. Let them play. What happens when they "let them play?" Fans say "you're terrible. It's getting out of control."

He was definitely not dribbling on his way to the ground.

Negative. I was sitting right there and watched it. The ball ended up pinned under his body on his way down. No dribble.

Where it ended up is irrelevant. When he tried to spin he stumbled backwards to the floor. When his lower body first made contact with the floor he was not holding the ball. No travel.