Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)

Absolutely the craziest game I have ever seen....

Both teams played their tails off until the final buzzer...umm make that 5 final buzzers.

So many twists and turns and Dixie ends the game with no player taller than 6'2" on the floor.

The Colonels worst nightmare occured with Pike getting in foul trouble and eventually fouling out.

Stansberry fouls out in the 1st or 2nd ot and Muntis in the 4th ot. How they pulled this one out is beyond me.

Big kudos to Mr Muntis coming off the bench and picking up some huge rebounds and of course the infamous free throws.

Hassel with nothing but net from the charity line.... and Evans sealing the deal with the Regional Championship on the line.

Tell me those kids aren't on cloud nine tonight!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm very proud of Zeke and the Dixie Colonels - I'm tired of people making comments on his grade/age etc -

Totally agree. This is just the beginning for Zeke. The haters have made him stronger. Go Zeke! Go Colonels!

As i predicted at the start of this tournamen, Dixie's deep bench could be the difference. And tonight it showed. Great job today Dixie. Great job also to New Cath today. These two teams DEFINATELY left it all on the floor tonight. Unbelievable game! Good luck Red Colonels next Wed. night at Rupp!

Totally agree. This is just the beginning for Zeke. The haters have made him stronger. Go Zeke! Go Colonels!

A lot has been said about Zeke over the past few months because of some antics during football season but what I saw during the region tournament was a mature young man that has grown both as a person and athlete.

Kid took a beating over the past 2 days and continued to just keep his mouth shut and play ball. Never once complained to officials or anyone else.

BTW, anyone else notice that Parker Stansberry wasn't named to the All tournament team?

Dixie: Zeke Pike, Brandon Hatton, Matt Trammel

Newcath: Jake Geisler, Brady Hightchew

Ryle: Zack Perkins

Boone Co: Chase Stanley, Cooper Downs

Holmes: Quan Palmer

St. Henry: Zach Dedden

Highlands: Jack Stewart

Covcath: Jake Thelen

Coach B is pretty emotional. He seemed PO'd that his defenders were leaving the shooter wide open. I took it as complete and utter frustration.

and that may have been all it was. but when the boy is wide open and going up for a shot only a few feet away from him, it just didnt look right. and maybe why the ref said something to him.

A lot has been said about Zeke over the past few months because of some antics during football season but what I saw during the region tournament was a mature young man that has grown both as a person and athlete.

Kid took a beating over the past 2 days and continued to just keep his mouth shut and play ball. Never once complained to officials or anyone else.

BTW, anyone else notice that Parker Stansberry wasn't named to the All tournament team?Dixie: Zeke Pike, Brandon Hatton, Matt Trammel

Newcath: Jake Geisler, Brady Hightchew

Ryle: Zack Perkins

Boone Co: Chase Stanley, Cooper Downs

Holmes: Quan Palmer

St. Henry: Zach Dedden

Highlands: Jack Stewart

Covcath: Jake Thelen

Yeah that's a darn shame they didn't have an extra slot for him. He really played a big part in this tournament.

Classless move by Hatton at halfcourt chest pumping to the NCC crowd.

Kids do this such a thing all the time. Heck you almost see it in every game game when a kid gets an and 1 call. Look Hatton just won the biggest game of his life and was very excited period. Qryche you just posted after the Dixie vs Highlands game how Hatton didn't do any trash talking. Now you want to call a fifteen year old kid classless. I believe you sir are the one that is classless period.

Walter, you may want to take another look at your last 8 second video right around the 46 second mark. I believe this is when Hatton did his thing that has upset some.

SB if you look real close, there are a couple of red Dixie fans right down front....good chance he was acknowledging them imo.

Any thoughts on why Chev got out of the zone that stymied NCC? That seemed to be the key to the NCC comeback.

They hit 2 or 3 treys, and he went back to a man. Up until that point, they were struggling to hit a shot.

The biggest question for me is why does he drop everyone back on free throws? Some others would be, Why didn't he have his bigs cheating to Giesler's right when he got the ball? When he got the ball on the elbow or wing, he went right 99% of the time.

As for the game, wow. It was a gutty performance by both teams, and it's a shame that someone had to lose. It has to go down as one of the best championship games.

As for the refs, there were some questionable calls, but there always are. At least they let them play for the most part. They also seemed to keep things light at the start of each OT. The boys and refs seemed to be joking around and laughing prior to the tip.

As for Pike, I didn't see the immature kid many portray. I watched all three games, and I didn't see any show boating or arrogance. I saw a lot of leadership, a lot of emotion, and a lot of good sportsmanship. Hats off to the young man.

Which of the 3 would he replace?

I would replace Pike. He didn't anything in the 1st gm. against Highlands. foul trouble. He did have a very good gm. against Boone. and just a so so gm today. Stanberry had 3 good gms. and was a major part in todays win.