Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)

Congrats to Dixie and good luck at Rupp. Also a tip of the cap to the starting 5 Breds, for those 5 kids to go out and play that hard without a substition (minus the 3 min. Schulte was in) is amazing in itself. To both teams, thanks for one heck of a game.

Sidenote: My bladder would not have made it through a 5th overtime.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After that game and that emotion, I think the young man was just enjoying the moment the way young kids do these days. No harm , no foul.

Great player, had a great game but no need for the dumb display after the game. I think it took away from his performance as it was very unnecessary. Believe me, he had the respect of all of the NCC fans until he pulled that display. He showed great sportsmenship during the game, I think some of us NCC fans were just surprised. I am sure he is a good kid.

I know the history on that game too and if I was part of Holy Cross back then I might be hurt by that statement, but since I was not, I will leave it alone.

No "hurt" intended. I just stated what some fans might think was the most exciting game.

Was a great game. One that I thought for sure was going to give me a heartache. Neither team let up. NCC has nothing to hang their heads about as they played a TERRIFIC game. Dixie just played a touch better.

Couldn't have asked for a better regional final. Except maybe on the part of the officiating. It was absolutely terrible all tournament long and was especially bad today. It almost cost Dixie the game on multiple occasions. I've never see so many obvious calls missed or so many bad calls made. Pike and Stansberry block a shot and get whistled. Geisler runs over Pike and their is no whistle. Geisler falls to the ground without dribbling and there is nothing. Hatton gets a forearm to his back on an inbounds that caused him to fall and the ball go out, no whistle. Whoever voted this crew as one of the best from the 8th region needs to retire because they were flat wrong.

Don't know what game you were watching but the officiating crew did a great job. You must have been in another gym watching another game.

:thumb: Absolutely correct. Geisler is very smart and he is excellent at going straight up and not reaching over guys to get blocks. Honestly, I thought he got called for more fouls this week than he should have.

IMO anyone who complains about the officiating this week is doing so because they are emotionally tied to one team or another. The officials were very good the whole tournament IMO. Yes, there were a few calls that were debatable but that is basketball. I thought the officials did a very good job throughout the tournament.

Couldn't agree more. :thumb:

Don't know what game you were watching but the officiating crew did a great job. You must have been in another gym watching another game.

Agreed. I thought the for the most part all of the boys regional games were officiated very well. I'll never understand why fans think refs should be perfect. The kids on the floor know mistakes are going to be made and for the most part except it. But the fans or observers watch officiating and see 3 bad calls as AN AWFUL REFFED GAME. 3 out of a few hundered is a pretty good percentage.

So you're telling me that when stansberry and pike get called for fouls on clean blocks that that is a good job? Or when Pike got run over while setting a screen that it's okay the red swallowed his whistle? Cmon man let's be real.

It is a shame that the BOK will not allow video - high school Basketball region game going into the 4th overtime - how much better does it get.

What's the deal with the BOK and videoing.? This was an all-time classic game and there will be no video. Something needs to change.

Classless move by Hatton at halfcourt chest pumping to the NCC crowd.

I dont want to beat a dead horse so I will try and make this my last comment about the "chest pumping" incident. I did not witness him doing this but Hatton is an exceptional kid on and off the court. He has alot of commradity among his team mates as well as with other players from different teams. If anyone was privied to listening to his interview on the radio station he gave his hats off to the NCC team as well as their coaches. He also talked to Brady after the game telling him not to hang his head because he played an exceptional game as well as his team did. He is a very classy kid. I believe if the chest pumping exsisted it was a run of emotions and not directed to NCC. It was his way of expressing his joy of helping to lead his team to a ninth region title. Dixie and NCC should be extremely proud of the effort and perserverance they played with tonight. Both exceptional teams and proved today why there were the #1 and #2 seeds in the ninth region. Nothing to hang your heads about tonight NCC, you boys worked your butts off. Good luck to Dixie at Rupp Arena.

The folks in Hebron think the 1993 finals was the most exciting.

2007 in the fieldhouse... both teams have multiple seniors that are three year starters. Possibly the best rivalry in the region. Overtime. Both teams had one the previous two years with those players... had alot of drama in the game.

This was the best, most fairly officiated, high school game I've seen in many years.

Brian Sandlin is probably the best high school official I've seen.

Sandman is one of my favorite's. He always does a fine job. I thought the crew did a great job.

2007 in the fieldhouse... both teams have multiple seniors that are three year starters. Possibly the best rivalry in the region. Overtime. Both teams had one the previous two years with those players... had alot of drama in the game.

You Mason people are always looking to interject in the 9th threads.:lol: