Everything posted by The Observer
-
Open Job: Mason County
Was told Mason Co let go of all Buddy Biggs assistants from their teaching jobs, freeing up spots for a future coach.
-
Campbellsville 58 Taylor County 56
When is the last time this happened?
-
Beechwood 61 Grant County 47
Beechwood 61, Grant Co. 44 per Khsaa scoreboard
-
Newport vs Lloyd
Lloyd won by 5
-
Is it cheating?
Cheating seems like a strong word, but if it gives an intentional advantage, it's cheating. I understand if a school did not have the resources, but, to have the stats and not report them equals cheating.
-
Beechwood 56 Bishop Brossart 42
I left with Beechwood up 25. Brossart must have made a comeback. Brossart is young and struggled against Beechwood press. Toebbe dominated for the Tigers.
-
Dixie 71 Taylor County 60
In my opinion, Dixie may be the third team in the 9th region, right behind CovCath and Cooper. With the ball bouncing the right way, the could content for the region this season.
-
Villa Madonna 67 Robertson County 65
Don't know too much about Villa other than they have a stud who is one of the schools all time leading scorers. May be able to pick up and win or two that will raise eyebrows when you consider what Villa usually has.
-
Walton Verona 67 Holy Cross Covington 48
With Toebbe back, Beechwood is solid this year. They beat Holy Cross and Holmes last season so I wouldn't consider them a push over. Miles has a very high ceiling for Walton. They have a chance to contend by years end.
-
Conner 77 Lexington Catholic 74
Regardless of injury, great win for Conner early in the season. They are a solid ball club within the 2nd tier of teams in NKY.
-
Holy Cross/Cooper Predictions - 11/29/16
Probably one of the worst teams for a young Holy Cross to open up with. Holy Cross will improve, but Cooper is going to smack them around in this first game. I like the Jags by 17-20 points.
-
10th Region Cats Pause Player Rankings
How would you compare Crawford's supporting cast to Ohmer's?
-
Simon Kenton Invitational Dec 21-23
I'd say the host team certainly put themselves on the correct side of the bracket. I'll predict an SK/Dixie final but who knows with the top side.
-
Johnson Central 43 Ashland 6
Little surprised by the margin here. Congrats to JC on the victory. Defense is impressive to say the least.
-
Bishop Brossart 42 Berea 20
I'm ticked for every Brossart win after the programs struggles just a couple years ago. Go Stangs
-
Ryle 32 Simon Kenton 25
Really enjoyed this one last night. SK will have time to adjust, as will Ryle, before we see another clash.
-
Jake Walter - CCH (Class of 2018)
The fact I find interesting is that he is a 7 footer playing in an uptemp offense. He doesn't fit their system. Do you slow the rest of your studs for him? They couldn't figure it out last year. I'm anxious to see this year.
-
Biggest District Upset in Past 20 years
With the tournaments starting tonight, what games are considered the biggest upsets in district play within the past 20 years?
-
Grant County 44 Beechwood 41
While I wasn't there, I'm told Beechwood's best defense is their offense. They pass the ball around for a solid minute or more each possession. I think it's a little misleading to credit their defense when their offense milks the clock each game. I'm not knocking their style, just misleading.
-
Who will replace Alan Mullins at Ryle?
More like 4 schools in 5 years. I find it hard to believe that he would leave a school like Louisville Eastern.
-
Goodman out at Bourbon, headed to Sayre
Preston LeMaster maybe?
-
Ron Dawn is the new coach at Newport Central Catholic
I am unfamiliar with Coach Collopy, what level does he coach?
-
Newport's new head coach
Obviously a big task ahead for Coach Schmidt but I wish him nothing but the best!!
-
Beechwood Job Is Open
How do you build a program when you have both boys and girls, grades 3 through varsity sharing a single gym. I've heard a lot of the Beechwood middle school teams have to drive to Florence to get gym time. If administrators would build a second gym then the younger teams would get more developmental time. There is no way that should be blamed on Miller!
-
Erik Goetz Leaves Holy Cross
Could you provide more details about him, please?