Everything posted by trainride
-
Newport Central Catholic 50 Boone 40
Proud and happy for NCC. IMO Syd Moss is the best girls player I have seen since Donna Murphy. She is also polite and has always shown good sportsmenship in all of my contacts with her.
-
Newport Central Catholic 50 Boone 40
yes. gave NCC a real spark.
-
Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)
Great player, had a great game but no need for the dumb display after the game. I think it took away from his performance as it was very unnecessary. Believe me, he had the respect of all of the NCC fans until he pulled that display. He showed great sportsmenship during the game, I think some of us NCC fans were just surprised. I am sure he is a good kid.
-
Newport Central Catholic 50 Boone 40
great minutes down stretch from Olivia Huber! Unsung Hero in the 4th quarter. what a great team win for NCC. I love the three guard offense and the nice post play from Kiernan. Ronnie know how to use his players to their fullest potential.
-
Will Freshman Brandon Hatton break the state scoring record?
he will probably score between 2500-3000. that is huge! He is a very skilled player. If he has d1 goals he will have to improve a lot.
-
Boone County 42 St. Henry 33
does anyone have score or details?
-
new cath / notre dame final
any details
-
Newport Central Catholic 60 Villa Madonna 27
Villa Rocks! great kids, great school.
-
Bishop Brossart 34 Scott 33
agree 100% on Tibbs. My daughter played against her in AAU for years, nothing but the highest praise for lauren!
-
Boone County 92 Ryle 67
I have watched a lot of high school ball, Freppon is as good as there is in the 9th or 10th. Sometimes teams are just out played and out executed, sounds like that's what happened here.
-
Bishop Brossart 34 Scott 33
I was at the same game and did not see any more hand checking or pushing from Brossart than I did from Scott. Both teams played a little sloppy. Scotts ball handling was not very good and they really struggled to get Lauren the ball in the post. She played a ton of high post in the first half and we were all scratching our heads in the stands. If you are fortunate enough to have a great 6' 4" player, put her on the low block and get her the ball. There was about a 10 minute stretch in the first half where lauren did not even touch the ball. I was surprised but relieved. Once she gets it near the basket she is almost unstoppable. I would have made sure she touched the ball on every trip. She has 6" on Ridder, why not throw from the wing a high lob?
-
Campbell County 61 Bishop Brossart 52
Hats off to the lady camels. They shot light out from three! I am a Brossart fan, but I really like how hard Campbell played. In the first half Brossart went up 8 and Campbell rallyed back with three straight threes. Brossart played well but Campbell always answered with a big shot when needed. This was my fist time watching the Lady Camels, but they looked very well coached and had a lot of scoring options. Good luck to both teams.
-
Bishop Brossart 34 Scott 33
Tibbs is a great kid. She will have success at the next level. She has a great work ethic and is a team player! No one cheered harder or supported her teammates better than Lauren after she fould out of the game.
-
Moss, Tibbs Top Girls All-Star Voting
Wow. surprised no Brossart players. Maybe Kidney or Stadtmiller should be on this list?
-
Bishop Brossart 60, Bracken County 54
I played some ball with her dad, Abby is definately better!
-
Newport Central Catholic 61 Ryle 52
New Cath had a great game plan and executed it very well. New Cath handled everything Ryle threw at them. That being said, there were not a lot of adjustments on the Ryle side. The talent and athleticism on the Ryle team is as good as I have seen in along time. I am not sure they were used to their potential in this game. New cath basically played 5 or 6 players and Ryle stayed in a zone for most of the game. Kiernan (frosh) had a monster game in the paint for the Lady Breds.
-
Bishop Brossart 50, Carroll County 45
Josh is awesome!!
-
Brossart 49 Newport Catholic 42 OT
Big, big win for Brossart! I think a low scoring games always favors Brossart. This is surprising. This is turning into a great rivalry.
-
Most Often Misspelled NKY High School
I thought Highlands was in Kenton County, they seem to get a lot of their players from there.
-
Basketball Officials ... Thank you
Officiating basketball is a tuff job. I love a ref who hustles and is in the right position to make a call. The only time I get upset with officiating is when a ref is constantly out of position and does not make a good effort to be in the right spot. There are always tons of mistakes and blown calls in every game (basketball is easily the hardest sport to officiate) all I want is a good consistent effort and hustle on the court. Every 9th & 10th region official should be required to watch Tim O'Hara do a game! He is the best I have seen in the last few years.
-
Neport Central Catholic @ Walton-Verona Prediction 1/25
NCC by 11
-
St. Henry's Abby Janszen Scores her 1000th Point
Way to go Abby!
-
St. Henry 79 Conner 58
I definately though Conner would be better this season. Do they have players injured? last year I know they liked to shoot the 3!
-
Bishop Brossart 2010/2011
She is now a marathon runner. She is training for The Flying Pig. Cutting and stop and go were painful for the knee. She has no trouble running straight. She is working with Team in Training to raise money for Luekemia and Lymphomia at the Pig.
-
Prayers for Deming's Kelsey Carmack
Torn ACL with a hamstring graft is a long road. Hopefully both girls can make a full recovery. From my experience 9 months minimum.