Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brossart 49 Newport Catholic 42 OT

Featured Replies

In overtime. Listening in Lexington, loving it. There ya go boys.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...extremely surprised Newcath lost this game.

 

Any stats?

Big, big win for Brossart! I think a low scoring games always favors Brossart. This is surprising. This is turning into a great rivalry.

The Breds blow a big early lead and a 10 point 4th quarter lead. Freshman Nate Verst sparked the comeback with some outside shooting and a lay up. Way to go Stangs!!

How did it end? I heard there was controversy......

 

Very surprised with the outcome.

How did it end? I heard there was controversy......

 

Very surprised with the outcome.

 

 

I heard the same thing. I was told NCC's coach was ejected and a fan was asked to leave the gym. Hopefully someone who was there can fill us in.

Bishop Brossart 49

Newport Central Catholic 42 (OT)

Newport Central Catholic 14 10 9 5 4 42

Bishop Brossart 9 5 8 16 11 49

Newport Central Catholic (14-5) -- Ryan 7, Hightchew 7, Bueter 5, Geisler 15, Miller 4, Doyle 4.

Bishop Brossart (11--6) -- Verst 10, Fardo 21, Norton 2, Trentman 2, Schultz 2, Saunders 8, Jennings 4.

 

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1537435/latest-boys-basketball-results.html?appSession=665198390474678&RecordID=8766&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=#ixzz1COHOIZaO

I heard the same thing. I was told NCC's coach was ejected and a fan was asked to leave the gym. Hopefully someone who was there can fill us in.

 

Don't think NCC"s coach was ejected, and certainly not before the game ended? NCC adult fan (player parent) was escorted out by Alexandria's finest early in the game--No clue why. All else was he said, she said; but it was a spirited, physical game, which I'm sure NCC expected to win handily? Hat's off to the Mustangs for not giving up and pulling off the upset!!

Don't think NCC"s coach was ejected, and certainly not before the game ended? NCC adult fan (player parent) was escorted out by Alexandria's finest early in the game--No clue why. All else was he said, she said; but it was a spirited, physical game, which I'm sure NCC expected to win handily? Hat's off to the Mustangs for not giving up and pulling off the upset!!

 

I apologize if NCC's coach was not ejected. I admittedly was not at the game, just posting what I was told.

What an upset!! Great job on behalf of the Mustangs defense holding NCC's top 2 to 22 points combined.

This could have been an All "A" state final preview for next week's games in Richmond. I would guess this makes Brossart the favorite for that tournament, with Newport Catholic right neck-and-neck.

This could have been an All "A" state final preview for next week's games in Richmond. I would guess this makes Brossart the favorite for that tournament, with Newport Catholic right neck-and-neck.

 

Guessing 14 other regions may feel differently??

The 10th region has done pretty well against the 9th this season. Nothing surprises me this year when it comes to 9th region hoops.

Congratulations to Brossart on a very nice win!

Guessing 14 other regions may feel differently??

 

I don't doubt it. I'm just saying from an outsiders perspective, these two teams (along with University Heights and perhaps Lexington Christian) would have have to be considered right at the top of the list when picking prospective winners for that event.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.