Dixie Heights 79 Newport Central Catholic 76 (4 OT)

Two things here if the ball became pinned under his body then he didn't have control meaning no walk could occur. Right? Secondly, He didn't end up on the floor of his own free will from my point of view it sure did look like a foul. I have no stake in this game as i do not support eithier team. Good game and well officiated, unlike the ladies game!

So if he did not have control how was a time out given??

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW! And we're bashing Hatton for chest pumping? Nice job there Brannen!

did you also notice the coach for NC would jump and yell as a Dixie boy got a clear look for a 3 by their bench. 3 times in the 1st half he did that. ref said something to him after the 3rd time

did you also notice the coach for NC would jump and yell as a Dixie boy got a clear look for a 3 by their bench. 3 times in the 1st half he did that. ref said something to him after the 3rd time

I heard them mention him jumping during one of Stansberry's three point shots. If he was doing so to distract the player then that's pretty sad.

I heard them mention him jumping during one of Stansberry's three point shots. If he was doing so to distract the player then that's pretty sad.

Coach B is pretty emotional. He seemed PO'd that his defenders were leaving the shooter wide open. I took it as complete and utter frustration.

Wow what a game. By far the best high school game I've ever seen in person.

Never have I seen a team overcome so much adversity in one game to pull it out. Dixie blows a 10 point lead in the second half and then has a freshman hit a clutch 3 to send it to OT.

Dixie faces a huge foul disparity the entire game but continues to play hard. For those who say this wasn't one sided in fouls, you're completely wrong. It wasn't until the 2:36 mark of the THIRD OVERTIME when Newcath had the 7th foul called on them. Newcath had been in the bonus since the 4th quarter. Geisler continually was going forward with his arm anytime someone drove in on him, but no call. And before anyone bashes me, I have absolutely no ties or bias toward either team. Simply a casual fan trying to see some good basketball. Several times today where Pike and Stansberry had clean blocks and then a NCC player flops and it's called a foul. Geisler lowers his shoulder anytime he drives with the basketball...no foul. Hightchew runs Pike over when he's setting a screen...no call. Hightchew throws an obvious elbow in to Pike's stomach when running by him...no call. Way to keep your head and keep playing hard, Zeke. Amazing how much this kid has matured since football season.

Back to the game....Pike and Stansberry both foul out in the second OT but Dixie's bench steps up huge over the final 2 1/2 periods. Muntis, Evans, and Cohorn all did a nice job in the second set of 4 OT's to help lead Dixie to the W. Muntis had some huge rebounds and sank 2 clutch free throws to keep Dixie's lead at 4 and 5.

For those who say Newcath lost because of missed free throws, let's not forget all the way back in regulation when Dixie missed several one and one's in the 4th quarter that allowed Newcath to get back in the game and the free throw that Trammel missed to give Geisler the opportunity to send the game in to the second OT.

Congrats to the Dixie Heights Colonels and Coach Chevy on winning the 9th region championship. Those kids played their hearts out today, as did the Newcath Thoroughbreds. It's a shame they both had to deal with such bad officiating though....especially Dixie.

On to the players...Brandon Hatton, welcome to the big show. Kid demanded the ball in crunch time and single handedly willed his team to the W. I don't know of any other freshman that would call for the ball like that in those situations. That's what you expect out of a leader and that's exactly what he is. And for all of the critics, the kid is 15. Let it go about him being held back.

Oh and Q, I have video from the final 11 seconds of the game, up to the end of the championship trophy presentation and not once did Hatton look at the NCC fans and thump his chest like you said. Now if this was as the players were walking off the court, then I apologize, but I didn't leave until they started cutting the nets and never did I see that occur.

Can't stress enough how awesome a game this was. Good luck to Dixie at Rupp.

Here are the links of the all tourney team presentation, and two videos of the final 11 seconds: