Mrs. Palin Just Isn't Very Smart

It's probably a good idea to dig a litte deeper instead of hoping those of us convinced of B.O.'s lies don't follow your link and dig ourselves to find that you posted one of the more favorable sets of broken promises. Here's another link to the same site you provided that doesn't paint B.O. in such a flattering light:

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-broken/

Not trying to hide anything or trick anyone. I just googled looking for some place that listed Obama's promises and that is the site that seemed to look the best. Here are the total numbers from that site:

Tracking Obama’s promises:

119 Promise Kept

37 Compromise

19 Promise Broken

82 Stalled

245 In the Works

3 Not yet rated

I have no idea how this compares with how other presidents have done. I was amazed to see there were almost 500 promises being tracked. I still say his record on the top 25 looks good to me. Those are the ones people elected him to do and will remember most.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Me (and those like me) will absolutely remember his health care push when the rationing starts.

I'll give him credit though, he did it in such a way that the full effects won't occur until he's assured of lame duck status and he has lap dogs all over the place justifying those actions.

Aaaaand I think this thread is spent. Somehow we've stopped talking about Palin and now are talking about Obama's broken promises. :lol:

Stick around a while and you will find this tactic in just about every single P&R thread. Or at least those that paint the right in an unflattering light.

Poster A: Ms. Palin isn't too smart.

Poster B: I agree.

Poster C: Obama is a liar and a cheat.

Stick around a while and you will find this tactic in just about every single P&R thread. Or at least those that paint the right in an unflattering light.

Poster A: Ms. Palin isn't too smart.

Poster B: I agree.

Poster C: Obama is a liar and a cheat.

You wouldn't be saying that the reverse of that never happens, now would you? :eyeonyou:

You wouldn't be saying that the reverse of that never happens, now would you? :eyeonyou:

Now RTS, you know all this started in January of 2009. Before that all threads stayed on topic and the administration was never brought into it. What's wrong with your memory?

Sometimes it does. That seems to be the foundation of political discourse these days. "Your guy did it, too." "Your guy is worse". Sad.

Actually, I don't know which gets under my skin more- Palin herself, or the legions of Palin followers that believe she is a viable political entity.

I think you're reaching here a little bit. The county I live in is 85% Republican and very few I've talked to are very excited about a Palin presidential nomination. I can't see it happening. She's unelectable in a national race IMO. Hopefully the GOP chooses someone else.

First, let me say that the bolded part is not true in the least. Reagan had NOTHING to do in getting the hostages out of Iran. If I'm not mistaken, they were freed during his inaugural ball. The Iranians waited until Carter was out of office to release them just for spite.

Anyway, if you can't realize that our leaders need to be more intelligent than the average, I don't know what to tell you.

I don't buy that at all. I don't know why they released the hostages when they did. Maybe they had a feeling their desert sand was getting ready to be turned into glass if they didn't release them. My guess is that Reagan had quite a bit o do with their decision.

I don't buy that at all. I don't know why they released the hostages when they did. Maybe they had a feeling their desert sand was getting ready to be turned into glass if they didn't release them. My guess is that Reagan had quite a bit o do with their decision.

I'll urge you to read Guests of the Ayatollah, too. It will clear up a lot of the misconceptions about what Carter did and didn't do.