Mrs. Palin Just Isn't Very Smart

I'm just curious. Wasn't she the vice presidential candidate? How much bigger can the national stage get?

Well, it seems that she wants to be President. I'd say that's bigger. I'd say being even a Senator or Congressman is bigger than being Vice-President.

I've never understood why people think being Vice-President is so alluring. I'd have to say I think it would be the crappiest job in politics. It's like you aren't good enough to be President, and it's rare that you do become President.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it seems that she wants to be President. I'd say that's bigger. I'd say being even a Senator or Congressman is bigger than being Vice-President.

I've never understood why people think being Vice-President is so alluring. I'd have to say I think it would be the crappiest job in politics. It's like you aren't good enough to be President, and it's rare that you do become President.

In my lifetime, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, and George H. W. Bush were vice presidents who became presidents. I'm not sure I'd call that rare.

Through out history there have been 47 VPs. I believe 14 of them made it to president in one fashion or another.

Edited by coldweatherfan

I never said it was a measure of worth. I simply said that if what she wants to achieve is political power, and I mean on the national stage, then what she's faced thus far as far as criticism will pale in comparison to that she'll receive if she utters such nonsense as "refudiate" then.

I never said she was stupid. She may not be a genius, but she is cunning. But the worst is that she IS playing the vacuous American public. And she's playing them using stereotypes she knows that Americans still hold. In my mind, disgusting.

Again, I'm not a Palin fan but she is running neck and neck in the polls with YOUR man.... Obama played the same game and it got HIM elected..

Does it also tell you all you need to know about Obama?

Are you seriously trying to equate relinquishing a Senate seat to run for president with relinquishing a Governor's seat to sell books and autographs? Seriously?

That's a stretch that would make the world's greatest contortionist proud.:D

In my lifetime, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, and George H. W. Bush were vice presidents who became presidents. I'm not sure I'd call that rare.

Through out history there have been 47 VPs. I believe 14 of them made it to president in one fashion or another.

Although to be fair, a couple of them didn't have much choice. And I'm pretty sure I've read that Mr. Ford never had designs on the Presidency.

How would you feel if the election were this November and it was Obama vs. Palin?

Well, the "experience factor" that so many used in support of Mr. McCain would swing to the other side of the aisle, I guess.

Sweetie, if "a basic understanding of English" were necessary to state an opinion, most of BGP would be prohibited from posting anything on this site.

Given the quality of posts from some members, that might be a blessing.

Although to be fair, a couple of them didn't have much choice. And I'm pretty sure I've read that Mr. Ford never had designs on the Presidency.

I'm not refuting that. I'm simply saying that it is not a rare thing for a VP to become a P. In fact 9 of our Ps were not elected. They got to office by replacing a sitting P for some reason. (2 of the above, Johnson was elected a 2nd term though) So when people say the VP isn't important. I say history would say there is a 1 in 5 chance that he/she could be your P before 4 years are up, and a 1 in 3 chance that he/she will eventually be your P.