Mrs. Palin Just Isn't Very Smart

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Specifically, who did I call a "name"?

Well, you didn't call anyone specifically a name. I do feel that everyone that supports Obama's efforts is lumped into your "dumb masses" generalization, though. Frankly, I've been called worse by better, so I'm not offended. :D

Why does everyone get bent out of shape about lies our elected officials tell. Name of elected Preseident that has not lied.

So if someone says.\, "I can promise everyone this if you elect me President, I will lie, cheat, smack a few people and curse out others."

How many will elect that person?

So if someone says.\, "I can promise everyone this if you elect me President, I will lie, cheat, smack a few people and curse out others."

How many will elect that person?

Excellent point.

It's time for our country to have some lawmakers who aren't willing to say whatever it takes to get elected and then do whatever they wanted to do all along.

Call me Pollyanna... I'm tired of lying weasels havig the power to screw the rest of us over.

This is too funny because, after all, his reasons were pure. He's doing it for his constituents. Yeah.

The hypocrisy in this thread is amazing.

I understand that not everyone agrees that what he has accomplished is what is best for our country. However, I doubt that Obama will profit from the healthcare bill. That was done because many of his constituents were in favor of it. Please fill me in on what Palin has done that has not been in her own self interest?

I never said she was stupid. She may not be a genius, but she is cunning. But the worst is that she IS playing the vacuous American public. And she's playing them using stereotypes she knows that Americans still hold. In my mind, disgusting.

In what significant way does that distinguish her from any other powerful politicians? They ALL use some strategy to manipulate the public.

And, I would disagree on one point, although I suppose it depends on what your definition of political power is. I would argue that she already has it, regardless of whether she wins a nomination or an office. She has amassed quite a following. Her endorsement or campaigning on someone's behalf could play a big role in future elections.

For what it's worth, I'm not a big fan of Palin.

Some will see the light, yet some that are part of the dumb masses will hang on until the bitter end. It doesn't matter what kind of negative or unfavorable thing you can dig up on Obama, it will be spun into some kind of positive. He simply does no wrong. :rolleyes:

All things considered, I kind of like being called one of the dumb masses by ............, fill in your own term. You are right about one thing. I will be a strong Obama supporter as long as he continues to get far more right than he gets wrong. I think his first eighteen months have been filled with historic achievement. Have there been mistakes? Sure, but then again to few to mention.

Edited by rockmom

With regard to the central theme of the thread, much like Presidnt Bush, I have no idea how smart governor Palin is. Again, much like President Bush I suspect she is quite smart. I also find her to be very lacking in intellectual discipline or curiosity. That lack of curiosity leads to the sort of simplistic reasoning and rhetoric that people interpret as stupid. It also makes her very ill-suited to ever be president. Many on here have been very critical of her decision to resign as governor. I am not. She was a woman of middle class means that had an opportunity to provide for her family in a once in a lifetime way. I don't fault her for taking it. She also left her state with at least as good a governor as she was:lol:

All things considered, I kind of like being called one of the dumb masses by ............, fill in your own term. You are right about one thing. I will be a strong Obama supporter as long as he continues to get far more right than he gets wrong. I think his first eighteen months have been filled with historic achievement. Have there been mistakes? Sure, but then again to few to mention.
We're still waiting for him to get more than one or two things right... :D:p :lol:

I also find her to be very lacking in intellectual discipline or curiosity. That lack of curiosity leads to the sort of simplistic reasoning and rhetoric that people interpret as stupid. It also makes her very ill-suited to ever be president.
I've heard this comment seemingly endless times over the years regarding Bush and now Palin.

How can you or anyone that has not spent two minutes in person with either individual levy such an assertion? I realize that you are merely repeating the same lines other Democrats have said about both, but I find this claim incredibly arrogant, condescending and hysterically hypocritical.

Do the sames charges of "lacking intellectual discipline or curiosity" apply to Al Gore who though he invented the internet, is merely spewing the flawed and "established" pseudo-science of man made global warming, or to the scientists who refuse to include all the data or consider dissenting opinons from credible colleagues who interpret the evidence differently? How about those "so-called" scientists who refuse to even consider evidence for "intelligent design"? Are they too lacking in intellectual curiosity?

How about Eric Holder not even considering the merits of the voter intimidation case against the New Black Panthers? Is racism not ugly in any color or form it takes? Or the Obama Justice Department for filing a lawsuit against Arizona for having the nerve to pass a law stating that state officials have the right to enforce Federal Laws within the state?

How about all the blind partyline hacks that support their politicians no matter how dishonest and corrupt their actions may be?

Are those the actions of the "intellectually curious"?

I'm not trying to assail you, but I would deeply appreciate anything you could provide me that would help me better understand what exactly is inferred by the phrase "lacking intellectual curiosity"?

Put me in the "curious" column...