Mrs. Palin Just Isn't Very Smart

First, let me say that the bolded part is not true in the least. Reagan had NOTHING to do in getting the hostages out of Iran. If I'm not mistaken, they were freed during his inaugural ball. The Iranians waited until Carter was out of office to release them just for spite.

Anyway, if you can't realize that our leaders need to be more intelligent than the average, I don't know what to tell you.

Reagan had eerything to do with getting the hostages out, as Iran knew that Ronnie meant business-period. That is not even an arguable point. You can be of moderate inteligence and be a great leader if you surround yourself with good honest people. Very applicable to sports-the smartest coaches and players don't always win, or Harvard would win the BCS crown every year. It is the combination of leadership, intelligence, gameplan, wisdom and execution that wins the day.

Edited by History
spelling-funny considering the thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. Palin has more money than almost everyone on this board, looks better than almost everyone on this board, has a husband that basically runs the Northern Exposure mafia, quit a Governorship and was able to parlay it into a book deal and seven figures on the speaking circuit, has mobilized an entire army of women nationwide who thinks its cool to wear lipstick and shoot firearms and vote, and did all of this by starting out at an obscure Idaho college and 3rd place in the Miss Alaska pageant.

Most of us on here need bigger pants to hide our beer guts and think we're influential if we make it onto a local church deacon board.

Let me just quote my favorite liberal mantra here and say that who is "stupid" is pretty doggone relative. I'm pretty sure that she is too busy counting her millions to worry about whether the "f" in "refudiate" should have been a "p."

None of this makes her someone to be envied. I'm sorry that she can't be bothered with high school level vocabulary, regardless of what else she has to do. I just keep on having faith in my republican friends that she won't be their 2012 (or any other year) presidential candidate.

Reagan had eerything to do with getting the hostages out, as Iran knew that Ronnie meant business-period. That is not even an arguable point. You can be of moderate inteligence and be a great leader if you surround yourself with good honest people. Very applicable to sports-the smartest coaches and players don't always win, or Harvard would win the BCS crown every year. It is the combination of leadership, intelligence, gameplan, wisdom and execution that wins the day.

Give me the history lesson on this. How did they know this prior to him holding any national office?

Mrs. Palin has more money than almost everyone on this board, looks better than almost everyone on this board, has a husband that basically runs the Northern Exposure mafia, quit a Governorship and was able to parlay it into a book deal and seven figures on the speaking circuit, has mobilized an entire army of women nationwide who thinks its cool to wear lipstick and shoot firearms and vote, and did all of this by starting out at an obscure Idaho college and 3rd place in the Miss Alaska pageant.

Most of us on here need bigger pants to hide our beer guts and think we're influential if we make it onto a local church deacon board.

Let me just quote my favorite liberal mantra here and say that who is "stupid" is pretty doggone relative. I'm pretty sure that she is too busy counting her millions to worry about whether the "f" in "refudiate" should have been a "p."

Since when does having more money, being better looking, or a great husband mean squat about one's worth as a person. You want to love her, go right ahead, but as a woman, I know that if you want to hang with the big "boys" then you have to have all your ducks in a row, no matter how pretty you are. You are perpetuating a terrible stereotype, and frankly the "values" you list to make her seem better than most of us on the board are shallow and beneath you. The fact of the matter is, I am a person who judges people on their grammar and spelling. I admit it. I'm prejudiced against people who 1) make up their own words, 2)use words incorrectly (and repudiate would not work in her text either) and/or 3) can't spell, punctuate or create sentences with proper verb/noun tense.

I don't care how much money the woman has, or how pretty she is, or how great a man her husband is. If she wants to be taken seriously for the long haul, this crap has to stop.

Don't reference Biden in retaliation. Men get a much bigger pass in the world than women when it comes to politics. You can bet that the derision she's receiving here is much less than what will be slung her way if she ever achieves any sort of "real" political power.

I would not vote for her nomination, but you and I are in the minority. This country is run by those people who watch Oprah Winfrey and Jerry Springer all day.

The thread is whether she is stupid. I simply mean to suggest that her "stupidity" is certainly in question given the enormous success of what she does in appealing to an America that pays money for good-looking women who wear lipstick and still shoot coyotes from helicopters.

Reagan had eerything to do with getting the hostages out, as Iran knew that Ronnie meant business-period. That is not even an arguable point.

You can't cover up a critically flawed statement by saying "that is not even an arguable point" and expect me to just roll over. So you're suggesting that Iran shook with fear when Reagan was elected and his mere gravitas willed the embassy compound open and the hostages were released? :lol:

You should really read the book "Guests of the Ayatollah". Then you might agree it is very much an arguable point.

Let's see-Jimmy Carter-the Democratic President was considered a "dove", and Reagan was painted as a "war-monger" during the Republican nomination process and during the Presidential election process vs. Carter. Reagan had a stated vision of being very pro-military, and felt that the best defense was a strong offense. Let me know if any of this is coming back to you. He also believed in the "Star Wars" defense system to protect our interests as well as our NATO allies. He said in no uncertian terms that he would be getting the hostages out of Iran. Carter did try one mission, and unfortunately it was "aborted" and there were American casualties.

Regardless of my take on it-wouldn't you think it ironic that the hostages were released as Reagan was being sworn in? You can look at it as a final swipe at Carter the weak (and brilliant) if it makes you feel better, or it was a concession by the Iranians to America and Reagan that that pitiful game was up.

Either way-Reagn sworn in-hostages freed. Carter out-hostages freed-good result for the USA.

Since when does having more money, being better looking, or a great husband mean squat about one's worth as a person. You want to love her, go right ahead, but as a woman, I know that if you want to hang with the big "boys" then you have to have all your ducks in a row, no matter how pretty you are. You are perpetuating a terrible stereotype, and frankly the "values" you list to make her seem better than most of us on the board are shallow and beneath you. The fact of the matter is, I am a person who judges people on their grammar and spelling. I admit it. I'm prejudiced against people who 1) make up their own words, 2)use words incorrectly (and repudiate would not work in her text either) and/or 3) can't spell, punctuate or create sentences with proper verb/noun tense.

I don't care how much money the woman has, or how pretty she is, or how great a man her husband is. If she wants to be taken seriously for the long haul, this crap has to stop.

Don't reference Biden in retaliation. Men get a much bigger pass in the world than women when it comes to politics. You can bet that the derision she's receiving here is much less than what will be slung her way if she ever achieves any sort of "real" political power.

"Real political power" is also not a good measure of one's worth, and is shallow and beneath you.

You have, unwittingly perhaps, stated here exactly and precisely WHY Palin is not stupid, and that is because she knows exactly how to play an America that IS shallow and vacuous.

You should re-read my post, and you will note that there is not a single ounce of pleasure or sympathy that I have for Palin, I simply state a fact: using American standards -shallow though they may be - she is NOT stupid.

That part is ridiculous. When he (Biden) throws around very foul language when introducing the President and the health care plan. That certainly is not "proper" or "deserving of a pass", and if he were a Republican the press would have grilled him for months about it. That is not about male/female. That is about which party is in power and where many of the members of the media pledge their loyalties.

Edited by threetimelover
fixed quote, rule 8

"Real political power" is also not a good measure of one's worth, and is shallow and beneath you.
I never said it was a measure of worth. I simply said that if what she wants to achieve is political power, and I mean on the national stage, then what she's faced thus far as far as criticism will pale in comparison to that she'll receive if she utters such nonsense as "refudiate" then.

You have, unwittingly perhaps, stated here exactly and precisely WHY Palin is not stupid, and that is because she knows exactly how to play an America that IS shallow and vacuous.

You should re-read my post, and you will note that there is not a single ounce of pleasure or sympathy that I have for Palin, I simply state a fact: using American standards -shallow though they may be - she is NOT stupid.

I never said she was stupid. She may not be a genius, but she is cunning. But the worst is that she IS playing the vacuous American public. And she's playing them using stereotypes she knows that Americans still hold. In my mind, disgusting.

Let's see-Jimmy Carter-the Democratic President was considered a "dove", and Reagan was painted as a "war-monger" during the Republican nomination process and during the Presidential election process vs. Carter. Reagan had a stated vision of being very pro-military, and felt that the best defense was a strong offense. Let me know if any of this is coming back to you. He also believed in the "Star Wars" defense system to protect our interests as well as our NATO allies. He said in no uncertian terms that he would be getting the hostages out of Iran. Carter did try one mission, and unfortunately it was "aborted" and there were American casualties.

Regardless of my take on it-wouldn't you think it ironic that the hostages were released as Reagan was being sworn in? You can look at it as a final swipe at Carter the weak (and brilliant) if it makes you feel better, or it was a concession by the Iranians to America and Reagan that that pitiful game was up.

Either way-Reagn sworn in-hostages freed. Carter out-hostages freed-good result for the USA.

This is a thread about Sarah Palin so I'm not going to turn this into a Carter/Reagan debate. But like I said before, read Guests of the Ayatollah. You'll find that Reagan had very little to do with getting the hostages out. It even came as a surprise to him that they were freed. Carter worked up until his final moments in office to secure the deal to get them freed, then, as a last middle finger to the Carter administration, they were let go 20 minutes into Reagan's presidency.

You can continue to believe that Saint Reagan freed them, but your belief is based on little fact. Read the book.

First, well done.

Secondly, Titans RB Chris Johnson is a millionaire.

None of this makes her someone to be envied. I'm sorry that she can't be bothered with high school level vocabulary, regardless of what else she has to do. I just keep on having faith in my republican friends that she won't be their 2012 (or any other year) presidential candidate.

The beauty is that someone obviously told her that "refudiate" isn't a word in this world so she took the tweet down ONLY to replace it with a real word that didn't fit.

I never said it was a measure of worth. I simply said that if what she wants to achieve is political power, and I mean on the national stage, then what she's faced thus far as far as criticism will pale in comparison to that she'll receive if she utters such nonsense as "refudiate" then. .

I'm just curious. Wasn't she the vice presidential candidate? How much bigger can the national stage get?