Mrs. Palin Just Isn't Very Smart

Because they knew Ronnie was coming for them, the Iranian leaders that is, to kick some butt.
And when Iran coaxed the Reagan administration to trade arms for hostages in the mid-80s, causing the administration's biggest scandal ... was that kicking Iranian butt?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when Iran coaxed the Reagan administration to trade arms for hostages in the mid-80s, causing the administration's biggest scandal ... was that kicking Iranian butt?

Sadly, a mistake on Reagan's watch. Even the best make mistakes. Unfortunalely for us Obama's mistake rate is least 95%.

What breadth and depth of knowledge does Obama have? He never ran a business, never had a job in the business world. His jobs were government related jobs, worked for a school, or worked as a community organizer. Most of his experiences are related to left leaning ideological, utopian teachings, that in the work world do not work.

:lol:

All the more perfect for a "dumbed down" candidate, right? Simple guy who was a teacher and a community organizer. Most Americans haven't ran their own business so he's perfect for the job.

Are you upset W left his post as governor to run for President? Are you upset Rand Paul left his dental practice to run for Senate? Or what about Trey Greyson potentially leaving his state seat to run? I'm not. What I do find ridiculous is Palin leaving for her own material gain. Do I blame her? Of course not. Making money to give your family a better life is a noble thing, but I believe it makes her unfit to be president.

At least know what you are talking about before dissing Rand Paul. He has never been a dentist.

Sadly, a mistake on Reagan's watch. Even the best make mistakes. Unfortunalely for us Obama's mistake rate is least 95%.

Nothing like throwing arbitrary numbers out there to further defend your own erroneous statement.

At least know what you are talking about before dissing Rand Paul. He has never been a dentist.

First, I wasn't dissing him at all., actually defending him. Secondly, you're right, he was/is an opthamologist. But I definitely wasn't "dissing" him.

Your post got me curious about how Obama is doing on promises he made during his campaign. I have no idea on how credible this is, but here is a link to someone at the St. Petersburg Times tracking Obama's promises. It looks like he is delivering what he promised with only one of the top 25 promises not achieved. So if he is making a lot of mistakes, they appear to be the "mistakes" the electorate wanted him to make.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/subjects/politifacts-top-promises/

Your post got me curious about how Obama is doing on promises he made during his campaign. I have no idea on how credible this is, but here is a link to someone at the St. Petersburg Times tracking Obama's promises. It looks like he is delivering what he promised with only one of the top 25 promises not achieved. So if he is making a lot of mistakes, they appear to be the "mistakes" the electorate wanted him to make.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/subjects/politifacts-top-promises/

Yea, that's why his approval rate is as low as ever. :lol:

It's probably a good idea to dig a litte deeper instead of hoping those of us convinced of B.O.'s lies don't follow your link and dig ourselves to find that you posted one of the more favorable sets of broken promises. Here's another link to the same site you provided that doesn't paint B.O. in such a flattering light:

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/rulings/promise-broken/

Here are the top half dozen B.O. lies that leap to the forefront of my mind:

The Promise: “I will ban Earmarks.”

At a press conference on January 6, 2009 B.O. said: "We are going to ban all earmarks.”

The Lie: The first spending bill he signed had over 9,000 earmarks.

Promise: “My plan will not increase taxes on families making under 250k.”

“Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase - not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes,”

B.O. – in a September 2008 town hall meeting in Dover.

The Lie: In his first year in office, he proposed Cap and Trade, a huge tax on everyone… poor and wealthy alike. He increased the cigarette tax by 159 percent, added a tax on artificial tanning salons, a big tax on fancy health care benefits... and now he is letting the Bush tax cuts to expire, which will increase taxes on every income group. This does not even consider the interest and principal we will have to start paying on the TRILLIONS of increased spending he has endorsed… or go bankrupt and be at the mercy of our lenders. Do you honestly believe we will be able to do this under B.O. without tax increases on every working person?

Promise: “I won't force Americans to buy insurance”

B.O. attacked Hillary Clinton during the campaign:

“She believes we have to force people who don’t have insurance,” he said in a debate in January 2008.

In February 2008 he added in a CNN interview, “If a mandate was the solution, we could try that to solve homelessness by mandating that everybody buy a house.”

The Lie: September 2009, he told Congress, “Under my plan, individuals will be required to carry basic health insurance.”

Promise: Health care negotiations will be on C-SPAN

B.O. promised at least eight times that "we’re going to do all the negotiations on C-SPAN, so the American people will be able to watch.”

The Lie: Didn’t happen.

Promise: Putting bills online

B.O. promised “When there’s a bill that ends up on my desk as President, you the public will have five days to look online, and find out what’s in it before I sign it.”

The Lie: He broke that promise when he signed the Fair Pay Act, his first bill. He's broken it since, for instance on the Credit Card Bill of Rights and an expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program… and perhaps most notoriously the recent Health Care Bill that half of those voting in favor of it hadn’t even read it… as Nancy Pelosi told us, “We have to pass the bill so you will know what’s in the bill.”

Promise: Cutting spending

On the campaign trail, B.O. promised to cut spending numerous times. In the second presidential debate, he said that “actually, I am cutting more than I’m spending. So it will be a net spending cut.”

In his third debate, he reiterated: “what I've done throughout this campaign is to propose a net spending cut.”

The Lie: After B.O. took office, spending increased 2 TRILLION dollars -- more than any year in history.

Some will see the light, yet some that are part of the dumb masses will hang on until the bitter end. It doesn't matter what kind of negative or unfavorable thing you can dig up on Obama, it will be spun into some kind of positive. He simply does no wrong. :rolleyes:

Some will see the light, yet some that are part of the dumb masses will hang on until the bitter end. It doesn't matter what kind of negative or unfavorable thing you can dig up on Obama, it will be spun into some kind of positive. He simply does no wrong. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm a part of that dumb mass. I personally believe that he's got 4 years to accomplish the totality of his promises.

C'mon. Learn a little tact, please.