BREAKING NEWS: USC to receive 2 year postseason ban, scholarship reduction, etc.

TrueBlueWildcat

This is what happens when other people make your recruiting decisions. Hopefully, Lane Change will let all of the freshman go elsewhere. The Jr's and Sr's can transfer now but the Frosh will have to be released. USC is going to be set back 5 years.

Lane would have to be an idiot to let all the freshman go. That would set the program back more then 5 years.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lane would have to be an idiot to let all the freshman go. That would set the program back more then 5 years.

Considering he lied to many basically saying this would not happen, I am not sure if he has a choice. It will be interesting to see how many upperclassman bolt.

Here is the copy of the NCAA report:

http://assets.espn.go.com/preview/100610/espn_uscpenalties.pdf

Here is a copy of my response:

Bad day for my school. I stand ready for rebuke, but will continue to support and love them.

Interesting topic for discussion: Will the potential transfer of Big XII schools such as Texas actually be the saviour of USC's next couple of seasons? Hear me out - Texas and Oklahoma arrive. The gates to the West recruiting are opened for them, and the gates to Texas are opened for the Pac-10 schools. The move is made even more likely but what will be perceived to be the "weakened Titan" losing postseason play for 2 years and scholarships for 3. However, the move also strengthens the conference as a whole, and players begin to look at USC and think they want to play regular season football against these guys and can wait out the 2 years for a shot at the title. Maybe? Maybe not? My crimson and gold glasses overcoming me with delusion?

Bad day for my school. I stand ready for rebuke, but will continue to support and love them.

Interesting topic for discussion: Will the potential transfer of Big XII schools such as Texas actually be the saviour of USC's next couple of seasons? Hear me out - Texas and Oklahoma arrive. The gates to the West recruiting are opened for them, and the gates to Texas are opened for the Pac-10 schools. The move is made even more likely but what will be perceived to be the "weakened Titan" losing postseason play for 2 years and scholarships for 3. However, the move also strengthens the conference as a whole, and players begin to look at USC and think they want to play regular season football against these guys and can wait out the 2 years for a shot at the title. Maybe? Maybe not? My crimson and gold glasses overcoming me with delusion?

Once USC is back to full scholarships, I see no reason why they could not become a power again. I don't expect them to completely fall off the map. As long as they keep Kiffin and Kiff can stay out of trouble, they'll always be able to recruit, though it's obviously going to suffer for the next few seasons.

This is what happens when other people make your recruiting decisions. Hopefully, Lane Change will let all of the freshman go elsewhere. The Jr's and Sr's can transfer now but the Frosh will have to be released. USC is going to be set back 5 years.

They are on 4 years probation...just 2 from bowls. I thought any player that's career was ending on probation (excluding incoming frosh) could transfer and not have to be released? And as far as Lane allowing if it is his decision...NO CHANCE!

Considering he lied to many basically saying this would not happen, I am not sure if he has a choice. It will be interesting to see how many upperclassman bolt.

Coaches lie all of the time. How could that be proven? All he has to say is "after talking with many people, we don't expect to have a bowl ban only a loss of scholarships". I'd be extremely suprised to see anyone let out of their scholarship if Lane has a say in it.

Hey, no reason you should abandon your chosen team. After all, that would make you a big-time fairweather fan to do so. I definitely think your scenario would be optimistic. I think USC is probably about 5 years away from competing for a title now. The bowl ban obviously kicks them for the next two, and the loss of scholarships will take hold in a couple of years. After that, I'm sure USC will be back to USC.

They are on 4 years probation...just 2 from bowls. I thought any player that's career was ending on probation (excluding incoming frosh) could transfer and not have to be released? And as far as Lane allowing if it is his decision...NO CHANCE!

That is correct juniors and seniors can transfer right now. And for the lieing part you can't prove anything but he told Henderson not to worry about anything.

Love how Carrol acted shocked and said it was unfair when he's sitting in Seattle. How dumb can you look?