BREAKING NEWS: USC to receive 2 year postseason ban, scholarship reduction, etc.

TrueBlueWildcat

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players and coaches that are no longer at the school commit violations, allegedly. Current players and coaches get punished and a lot of posters are happy. Nice.

Well... Kiffin was at USC when it went down, and its been a story since 2006, so the players can't say they didn't know it was a possibility. Also, the juniors and seniors (who couldn't go to another bowl at USC) can transfer without sitting.

So why not be happy that USC finally got what it deserved?

You know, I don't think anyone could should be too happy. This kind of stuff probably goes on all over the place, the SEC is notorious for under the table stuff. So this kind of thing could happen to any program, because every coach in America probably does something underhanded or shady every once in a while. Not all pay for things, but rules definitely get broken, bent and forgotten from time to time.

And who is to stop a booster at a program from doing this kind of stuff? It's scary to me that USC got punished this harshly because I don't think the NCAA is going to show any leniency going forward to anyone.

Players and coaches that are no longer at the school commit violations, allegedly. Current players and coaches get punished and a lot of posters are happy. Nice.

Kiffin was recruiting coordinator and offensive coordinator during the time of the Bush infractions, given his propensity for committing secondary violations and leaving an ongoing investigation into the Orange Pride group at UT I'm inclined to believe he knew at least some of what was going on at USC. I don't feel sorry for him at all. The juniors and seniors can transfer and not have to sit out and the incoming freshmen knew this investigation was ongoing. I don't feel sorry for them, they are still getting their school paid for and have the opportunity to play football at USC or elsewhere.

You know, I don't think anyone could should be too happy. This kind of stuff probably goes on all over the place, the SEC is notorious for under the table stuff. So this kind of thing could happen to any program, because every coach in America probably does something underhanded or shady every once in a while. Not all pay for things, but rules definitely get broken, bent and forgotten from time to time.

And who is to stop a booster at a program from doing this kind of stuff? It's scary to me that USC got punished this harshly because I don't think the NCAA is going to show any leniency going forward to anyone.

USC reveled in the celebrities and money guys being on their sidelines and around practices. That is part of the reason this all happened.

• 2 weeks later...