What good movies have you seen lately?

Something The Lord Made: Set just after the depression in Nashville Tn, the story of Vanderbilt doctor Blaylock, who gets an African-American lab assistant who is an unemployed carpenter and between them perform the first open heart surgery, really uplifting and true story. HBO film.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something The Lord Made: Set just after the depression in Nashville Tn, the story of Vanderbilt doctor Blaylock, who gets an African-American lab assistant who is an unemployed carpenter and between them perform the first open heart surgery, really uplifting and true story. HBO film.

YEAH!! That was a really good one. I came across it as a suggestion from Netflix, and it was really stinking good. I actually bought a copy of it off of Amazon.:thumb:

Watched Crazy Heart this weekend and thought it was pretty good. A little depressing, but good.

I thought it ran a little long and I wasn't a fan of Jeff Bridges' singing, but I liked it. :lol:

Last weekend I watched Unforgiven for the first time. If you look up "man" in the dictionary, Clint Eastwood's face is shown. I hate I waited so long to watch it.

I also watched I Love You, Man. Good comedy.

Yesterday afternoon I watched He's Just Not That In To You. Two hours I will not get back. The blond chick kept it interesting though.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a 4 disc set of Hitchcock movies & some old episodes from his TV show in the 1950's. Watched a few of those. The Chaney Vase and The Magicians Apprentice. Pretty interesting to watch these old shows/movies. The acting styles were considerably different than what we see today.

I had never seen the movie "Memento" until a few weeks ago. Still scratching my head! Wife and I watched "Law Abiding Citizen" and "Gone Baby Gone" both good movies.

I HATE Memento! To date, you're the first person to share anything close to my sentiments. :lol: And before anyone tries to convince me otherwise, I've given it a second chance, a third....and a fourth. The same results each time.

That was an awesome movie!

"I Am David" and "Hide and Seek". I can't believe I never watched "Hide and Seek" before. It has Robert DeNiro AND Dakota Fanning, two of my favorites! "I Am David" was a Netflix recommendation, and very, very good.

I bought an old western called "Hombre" for $3 last week and watched it for the first time. It was made in 1967 and starred Paul Newman and Richard Boone. Very good movie. I can't believe I hadn't already seen it because I am a big fan of Newman.

Some of the better movies are the old one's. I was talked into watching a movie a while back ("On Golden Pond") that I had always avoided because I thought it would be too soppy/tear jerking for my taste, but after viewing it I found it to be one of the best films I have ever seen.

Another good movie I bought on the cheap at the same store was "Paper Moon". I showed it to several friends who had never seen it and they loved it too. Tatem O'Neal won an Oscar for her role in the movie. I think she was about 10 years old at the time.