Coach of the Year

Shmeli

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glazier, Sphire, Bowling Green's coach, Bellvue's Coach and a few others deserve to be mentioned. I also tip my hat to Bourbon Co's coach. For him to keep a team together and the kids still have fun and play hard is a huge accomplishment. You have to really love the game and each other to battle through a season like this one.

Glazier, Sphire, Bowling Green's coach, Bellvue's Coach and a few others deserve to be mentioned. I also tip my hat to Bourbon Co's coach. For him to keep a team together and the kids still have fun and play hard is a huge accomplishment. You have to really love the game and each other to battle through a season like this one.

How can you say Sphire? He hasn't done anything but beat teams with less talent for his entire career. He has never even won a region even though he has all those D1 kids year in, year out... I'm not really slamming the guy I just don't think he is as deserving as some of the others mentioned.

Randy Wood of Morgan County

Took over one of the worst football programs in KENTUCKY at any class. Has won 15 out of 21 football games with less numbers than teams mentioned.

Show me a team in the last 15 years with a worse record and quicker turn around. Also, continues to win games with injuries and in the last few weeks relying on a 3rd string QB.

With only a couple of weeks before last year's first scrimmage they were practicing with between 11 and 14 players and the program nearly folded...to see where this program WAS and IS now is nothing short of remarkable.

Incredible turnaround! He should definitely be a candidate!

How can you say Sphire? He hasn't done anything but beat teams with less talent for his entire career. He has never even won a region even though he has all those D1 kids year in, year out... I'm not really slamming the guy I just don't think he is as deserving as some of the others mentioned.

He's taken a program that didn't exist 15 years ago and turned it into one of the top programs in the state. Find me another school that has only been around for 15 years that wins 11 games a year (year in year out). Find me another 3A program that has knocked off Male, St X, Boyle Co etc the past five years. Find me another 3A program that will even schedule the Male's, St X's, Trinity's of the world. I don't know of many 3A programs that wouldn't want a team that wins 11 games every year, puts multiple kids into college, builds a program into a powerhouse every year and so on and so fourth. You're right, when they beat Male, St X and Boyle they beat teams that just weren't very good :rolleyes: ! I have met a lot of coaches over the years. Bob has as much class as any I have met. He also knows the game as much as any I have met. Do you know any other coaches THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL COACHES ASSCOCIATION has asked to speak? How about Michigan or Notre Dame? They all have asked him! When you are on the same ticket to speak with Lavelle Edwards, Bob Stoops etc come talk to me :lol: You're right, the guy can't coach a lick! :rolleyes: This was supposed to be a down year for Lex Cath because they were going to be so small and inexperienced. The only loss they have this year is on a FG with 6 seconds left to St. X. I think that qualifies as a decent season in most eyes unless they are blind or just a plain hater.