KHSAA Board of Control Against Split

Tough as Nails

Agreed, this is a very simplified scenario, but I don't know who else you could put in the large school bracket. I am not so sure that they wouldn't fill up Poppa Johns'. X and T had about 25,000 at their last championship meeting, and I would think that LC and CC could bring an additional 10,000 to 15,000 fans. If the proceeds were going to the participating schools, I am sure the fans would be there in force, if for nothing else but to show up the powers that be.

Personally I don't think the KHSAA board will let prop 20 happen, but they will throw the public schools a bone of some sort.

I haven't seen it posted on here, but when will this vote happen?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to disagree with you on this statement, with school taxs, amoung all other taxes paid by us all, plus all the additional fees and etc. I dont feel it is a free gov. paid education. Hay if I could recieve my taxes back in a voucher and take the fees I pay then I could send my kid to any school of my choosing. While Im not sure where I stand on this public private split, because I can see the good, the bad and problems with things no matter what, I do strongly feel that I pay for my childrens education and not the Gov.

I have no children so that means I help pay for your childrens education. You're welcome. That applies to all other childless people who pay taxes as well.

Every parent who chooses to send their children to private schools help pay for your children's education. On behalf of them, you're welcome

Right, everyone is paying for it, its your choice if you send them to a private school. People who are sending their children to the private schools chose to do that, great, you can't complain that it is a high school scholarship though when the people that are sending their kids there are paying for it thru taxes.

Agreed, it was a poor expression to make my point.

We are paying the same taxes that the people who are sending their kids to private school pays. But none of that money goes to the private schools so we are getting the benefit of the taxes that those parents are paying. So it is at least a partial scholarship. :lol:

Would anyone be in favor of waiving the school taxes for the parents who send their kids to private schools?

Agreed, it was a poor expression to make my point.

We are paying the same taxes that the people who are sending their kids to private school pays. But none of that money goes to the private schools so we are getting the benefit of the taxes that those parents are paying. So it is at least a partial scholarship. :lol:

Would anyone be in favor of waiving the school taxes for the parents who send their kids to private schools?

Heck no! They're offered a service. If they decline that service, the school district and the kids that use this service shouldn't get penalized. However, if I was sending my kids to a private school I'd probably think the opposite. ;)

Heck no! They're offered a service. If they decline that service, the school district and the kids that use this service shouldn't get penalized. However, if I was sending my kids to a private school I'd probably think the opposite. ;)

Exactly, if people think their children are too good for the public school or if it just doesn't meet their expectations, don't go, just don't complain about the taxes.

Exactly, if people think their children are too good for the public school or if it just doesn't meet their expectations, don't go, just don't complain about the taxes.

And if you think the public school is perfect for your child, and you choose not to send them to privates, just don't complain about what the private schools are doing. You're not paying their bills.

One of the proposals is to ban out of state kids playing for KY schools. I sat with Jones' former coaches from Wva at the state semis last year. They did not seem too happy he had "moved".

That's a real shame. If that really happened then I feel sorry for adults who can't be happy for young kids who are bettering themselves both academically and athletically. What it all boils down to is JEALOUSY!!!! :rolleyes:

I have no children so that means I help pay for your childrens education. You're welcome. That applies to all other childless people who pay taxes as well.

Every parent who chooses to send their children to private schools help pay for your children's education. On behalf of them, you're welcome

:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

Many are on "scholarship".

Cub,

Based on your comments of "sports are many of the kids top priority at those schools" (private schools) and "many are on 'scholarship'", my only response to that is give us concrete examples.

And if you think the public school is perfect for your child, and you choose not to send them to privates, just don't complain about what the private schools are doing. You're not paying their bills.

I'm not complaining about them spending $7000, spend on.

One of the proposals is to ban out of state kids playing for KY schools. I sat with Jones' former coaches from Wva at the state semis last year. They did not seem too happy he had "moved".

Rockmom you dont think any kid at a private school like Trinity or St X is not really on a scholarship for athletics?

Please wake up.

Cubster, you have made a charge, now back it up. You have no clue what you are talking about.