KHSAA Board of Control Against Split

Tough as Nails

I am just saying that why do some good athletes shun public schools to pay to go to a private school?

Just answer me that question.

Trinity and X might do it the right way but when a girls basketball team has a major part of their team not even from that county that raises some questions.

Because their parents feel the private school gives a better education than public schools, perhaps.

Oh, wait. Couldn't be that.

I'm sure Mulder and Scully will arrive shortly.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it would be a possibility for some. If the Catholic education was not the first priority, I'd say its a high probability.

I disagree. If it was all about sports or religion, maybe so. The reason I sent my kids to LC had nothing to do with sport or religion. There are many reason why people send their kids there. If sports is the only reason, I feel sorry for them. What if junior/juniorette blows his or her knee out sophomore year?

Kind of screwed then...

Like being a good athlete.

Do public schools have financial aid?

Are you serious public schools are free. Financial aid is not giving out at any catholic school because of how good of an athlete you are. It is decided by a 3rd party who determines your needs as a familly.

Get your facts straight before you try and argue.

One of the proposals is to ban out of state kids playing for KY schools. I sat with Jones' former coaches from Wva at the state semis last year. They did not seem too happy he had "moved".

Rockmom you dont think any kid at a private school like Trinity or St X is not really on a scholarship for athletics?

Please wake up.

You need to wake up , unless you are invovled at one of these schools. Like most of us are who attended and play sports at private schools.

I am just saying that why do some good athletes shun public schools to pay to go to a private school?

Just answer me that question.

Trinity and X might do it the right way but when a girls basketball team has a major part of their team not even from that county that raises some questions.

Catholic education. What was the closest catholic school to those girls. Also success causes people to follow.

Football state finals my man.

Now, I'm against the split, but this is one argument that holds no water in my opinion. On the surface, it makes sense, but if you look deeper, you'd realize that as more schools went deeper into the playoffs and won championships, support and following of their athletics would increase. They probably wouldn't have the crowd that a Trinity-X final would get, but Manual-Male (and one of those teams would have to move to the other side of the board to balance out the districts if this went through) if both teams were winning championships for a few years, would increase back towards the level of interest it once held; I suspect that it would at least be equal to a Trinity-Henderson or X-Dixie. I don't use that as an example to say "hey, this would be pretty good," just stating my opinion on the facts... It wouldn't be the financial catastrophe that many would like to predict.

Now, I'm against the split, but this is one argument that holds no water in my opinion. On the surface, it makes sense, but if you look deeper, you'd realize that as more schools went deeper into the playoffs and won championships, support and following of their athletics would increase. They probably wouldn't have the crowd that a Trinity-X final would get, but Manual-Male (and one of those teams would have to move to the other side of the board to balance out the districts if this went through) if both teams were winning championships for a few years, would increase back towards the level of interest it once held; I suspect that it would at least be equal to a Trinity-Henderson or X-Dixie. I don't use that as an example to say "hey, this would be pretty good," just stating my opinion on the facts... It wouldn't be the financial catastrophe that many would like to predict.

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't this result in more money for the KHSAA? You're still talking St. X and Trinity State finals but you're adding another 4A size state final, like Manual/Male. They're not kicking priavates out of the KHSAA, just separating them into another division. I don't see where anyone would see this as bad for the KHSAA monetarily speaking.

Correct me if I'm wrong but won't this result in more money for the KHSAA? You're still talking St. X and Trinity State finals but you're adding another 4A size state final, like Manual/Male. They're not kicking priavates out of the KHSAA, just separating them into another division. I don't see where anyone would see this as bad for the KHSAA's monetarily speaking.

Perhaps... I don't know how the money would go there.