KHSAA Board of Control Against Split

Tough as Nails

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the proposals is to ban out of state kids playing for KY schools. I sat with Jones' former coaches from Wva at the state semis last year. They did not seem too happy he had "moved".

Rockmom you dont think any kid at a private school like Trinity or St X is not really on a scholarship for athletics?

Please wake up.

Cubster, I would bet that every border team has at least one kid on the roster who has lived in another state and moved to KY or is living out of state and paying the district tuition to attend.

If we checked Russell I think we would find it. Or Ashland or Raceland or Highlands or Henderson Co, etc.

I'm not sure what that means, but I would be willing to bet it would be found at the vast majority of border schools, especially ones as close to the border as Belfry and Russell for example.

One of the proposals is to ban out of state kids playing for KY schools. I sat with Jones' former coaches from Wva at the state semis last year. They did not seem too happy he had "moved".

Rockmom you dont think any kid at a private school like Trinity or St X is not really on a scholarship for athletics?

Please wake up.

I am wide awake. You are making an assumpiton without basis. You assume that because the schools are successful, they must be doing something wrong. You are incorrect.

Cubster, I would bet that every border team has at least one kid on the roster who has lived in another state and moved to KY or is living out of state and paying the district tuition to attend.

If we checked Russell I think we would find it. Or Ashland or Raceland or Highlands or Henderson Co, etc.

I'm not sure what that means, but I would be willing to bet it would be found at the vast majority of border schools, especially ones as close to the border as Belfry and Russell for example.

As far as I know I can only think of 2 kids that ever crossed the border to play for Highlands. He is still on the team and is a solid player, but not a super star. The other kid stayed for one year, played little to no varsity and transferred to Moeller.

In NKY, kids coming from Cincy is very uncommon just because Ohio football is so good.

Out of state kids isn't a NKY issue.

Please wake up.

You wake up, my parents paid top dollar for me to go to Trinity, and many of my friends' parents did the same. The Financial aid is not for Trinity to ultimately decide, if you need it, you will get it, sports or not. I KNOW, you don't so :sssh: