Lebron James

Will you still be laughing five years from now when Lebron still doesn't have a ring?

You remind me of the people who used to deny Jordan's greatness because he didn't have a ring. They said the same thing about MJ.

How'd that turn out?:popcorn:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Ain't gonna happen so I don't have to worry about that.

I'll be shocked if Cleveland makes it out of the East this year. I look for the Magic to represent the East, and the Lakers the West.....Kobe takes home #4 unfortunately.

:laugh:

That's even more comical than saying Lebron will never win a ring.

But, I hope you're correct on the last sentence.

How many games all year has Mo Williams won for Cleveland? Zero point zero. Lebron is that team. Period.

The most wins Lebron has had in Cleveland prior to this year was 50. They're 65-15 right now. What other significant addition did they make besides Mo Williams?

One man doesn't seriously contend for titles in the NBA. Lebron has help...

The most wins Lebron has had in Cleveland prior to this year was 50. They're 65-15 right now. What other significant addition did they make besides Mo Williams?

They have added Wally...while not a great player, he can simply spot up and get passes from Lebron and nail threes all day.

They have added Wally...while not a great player, he can simply spot up and get passes from Lebron and nail threes all day.

Wally was there last year...part of the year anyway.

Regardless...his 7 ppg in 20 or 21 minutes of PT would hardly qualify as a significant addition. If he was even close to his $14 million salary, the Boston Celtics would have one less banner hanging.

Agreed, Cleveland's bench gets no love but there are some guys there that contribute. They are actually a pretty deep team by NBA standards.

I'll take Kobe.

Ill take Kobe on the same team and do the same or more. Kobe is still the best player in the world he just don't have to put with the supporting cast like Lebron. Lebron is a close 2nd though.

Kobe is breaking records then Lebron is coming right behind him and breaking those. Just because Kobe had Shaq on his team and wasn't in a position to put up numbers to win until just the past year or so. Lebron has to put up a close triple double to win year in and year out. Same thing with DWade right now. Of course in my eyes DWade has his days but not in same class as Kobe or Lebron.

Agreed, Cleveland's bench gets no love but there are some guys there that contribute. They are actually a pretty deep team by NBA standards.

I know I really get tired of people saying Lebron doesn't have much around him, and that he did it by himself the last couples years and this year. I mean think about it, this Cleveland team is set up perfect for a star player. They have been one of the top 3 defensive teams in the NBA for the last few years. So if your a great defensive team, and you have a star player who can score for you and set up other guys, your usually going to be a pretty darn good team. You could put Kobe, or Wade on this team instead and they still probably where they are right now because they still would stop people, and they still would have their go to go who can score the points for them and set up other people. Just because a supporting cast doesn't have any other top scorers on it, doesn't mean its a bad supporting cast. Lebron had had a very good supporting cast the last few years, just no one notices defense. So they assume he has never had a good supporting cast, when he really has. It really is a very good set up for Lebron, because of how good the defense is for Cleveland.

No not at all, we just have way different opinions on things. I did read your post, and I know you all at first were comparing the two at the age of 24. However at the end it sounded like you were saying you would take Lebron over MJ for good and not just at 24. Which is why I stated my opinion that is kind of crazy to say. I mean Lebron has the POTENTIAL to be as good as MJ, and MAYBE even better. However MJ has ALREADY accomplished those great stats, and Lebron is just on potential. So that would make no sense to take Lebron over MJ, if you were just talking about taking Lebron for good over MJ. So that is why I responded like that. If that is not what you meant, then my bad. :thumb:

Of course I was comparing them at 24. You cannot compare LBJ and MJ's careers, because Jordan is finished with his and LeBron's isn't even half over and he hasn't hit his prime yet. I think LeBron is on pace to be in Jordan's league and possibly supplant him as the top player of all-time though.

I know I really get tired of people saying Lebron doesn't have much around him, and that he did it by himself the last couples years and this year. I mean think about it, this Cleveland team is set up perfect for a star player. They have been one of the top 3 defensive teams in the NBA for the last few years. So if your a great defensive team, and you have a star player who can score for you and set up other guys, your usually going to be a pretty darn good team. You could put Kobe, or Wade on this team instead and they still probably where they are right now because they still would stop people, and they still would have their go to go who can score the points for them and set up other people. Just because a supporting cast doesn't have any other top scorers on it, doesn't mean its a bad supporting cast. Lebron had had a very good supporting cast the last few years, just no one notices defense. So they assume he has never had a good supporting cast, when he really has. It really is a very good set up for Lebron, because of how good the defense is for Cleveland.

As far as talent, Cleveland doesn't have much. What they have is a solid second fiddle in Mo Williams, and a bunch of role players who have really bought in to what they need to do to be successful. Delonte West and Anderson Varajao come to mind, very good complements for LeBron. Don't mention Wally though, he is terrible. He will be gone as soon as they can get rid of him and get some sort of value back. Big Z and Wallace are way past their primes but they do their part. Other teams have more overall talent, like the Lakers, Magic, Celtics, Hornets, Jazz, Spurs and a few others, but this lineup so far has proven that it can give LeBron what he needs.

I didn't say he didn't have help, I said Mo Williams is not the reason for Cleveland getting better. It's LeBron taking his game to yet another level. This is easily his best year as a pro, Mo Williams landing in Cleveland this year coincides with LeBron having such a spectacular year.

What happens next year when Cleveland flirts with the best record ever in the NBA, will that be because of Mo Williams also, or will it be because there are still a couple of more levels LeBron can reach to even further elevate his game?

This is still a good debate at this point...in a few years, Lebron will be the clear lead.

He's the guy right now, IMO, but the gap will get wider as more time passes.

:thumb:

Kobe is a fine player, but I think he doesn't give you as much as LeBron or Jordan, or even DWade (though he is a better overall player than Wade). Those players are able to do more in 48 minutes for their teams than Kobe. When Jordan took over a game it was over, Kobe can go for 50 but still lose, and his stat sheet will not be nearly as full. If you want to call Kobe a better pure scorer than LBJ or DWade fine, but I think they actually give their teams more. When Kobe has decided to score, his teammates are just kinda taking up space on the court. A 40 or 50 point game from LeBron or DWade will also have them with 8 or 9 boards and 7 or 8 assist. Scoring 81 points or winning titles cannot be the only thing to account for greatness. If you have to win a title to be great then discount Dan Marino, John Stockton, Pat Ewing, Charles Barkley and all kinds of others. For titles you have to have the team, this is the first year LBJ has had the type of team that can win it all possibly. Mo Williams was a huge addition. If Kobe is better than LeBron it is only a matter of time before he closes that door and he will only be battling MJ for top wing player of all-time. Kobe won't catch Jordan, but LeBron still can. Not saying that he will, but he could.