Lebron James

^Has there ever been a player more suited for football?

6'8, 270 with athleticism like he's got. Imagine what kind of a safety he'd be...with that kind of size, length and speed...

I'm just sayin'...

There is alot of truth to that and I did see the commercial where he dominated with the Clevland Browns so I'd say it is possible.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Has there ever been a player more suited for football?

6'8, 270 with athleticism like he's got. Imagine what kind of a safety he'd be...with that kind of size, length and speed...

I'm just sayin'...

In highschool he was offered a scholarship to play reciever at USC you can find his football highlights on line.

I read an SI article about Lebron James recently...

We all know he's 6'8. He was listed @ 240 pounds when he entered the league. Speculation is now that he weighs about 270 pounds. How amazing is it that a 6'8, 270 pound man can do what he does? How cool would it be to coach a guy like that? He can effectively defend all 5 positions on the court. He's quick enough to guard PG's and big enough to hold his own in the post, so he can switch on any screen without putting your defense in a mismatch.

And, he's only 24. He recently had lasik surgery to improve poor eyesight. Consequently, his shooting has improved this season.

He's already the best player on the planet with the potential to be the best ever. I wonder if he'll reach that level.

5Wide that is what I have screamed all year. No player now can match LeBron in ability. You can't compare him to Jordan, YET, but skill wise LeBron has alot more to offer, and is a much better player at 24 than Jordan was, or Kobe was, or anyone really. He is a powerforward playing on the wing with the capability to dribble as pass. He rebounds like a all-star post player, his range continues to get better. Jordan was the best because of his drive to be great, if LeBron can come anywhere close to that no other player will be comparable because he is easily the most physically gifted athlete to ever play in the league.

5Wide that is what I have screamed all year. No player now can match LeBron in ability. You can't compare him to Jordan, YET, but skill wise LeBron has alot more to offer, and is a much better player at 24 than Jordan was, or Kobe was, or anyone really. He is a powerforward playing on the wing with the capability to dribble as pass. He rebounds like a all-star post player, his range continues to get better. Jordan was the best because of his drive to be great, if LeBron can come anywhere close to that no other player will be comparable because he is easily the most physically gifted athlete to ever play in the league.

He's like a combination of Bird and Magic with Jordan's athleticism...the next stage in the evolution of basketball greats.

He's got a ways to go to reach Jordan's level. But, the point is, he's the first, and only, player I've seen with the potential to get there and possibly exceed it.

37.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.6 apg, 2.9 spg, 1.5 bpg (48.2% FG, 85.7% FT)

35.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.9 apg, 3.2 spg, 1.6 bpg (53.5% FG, 84.1% FT)

Michael Jordan turned 24 on February 17, 1987. The top line is Jordan's stats from the season he turned 24...he was 23 when it started. The bottom line is the stats from the season he turned 25...he was 24 for half of it.

You sure Lebron at 24 is better? I'm not.

28.4 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 7.2 apg, 1.7 spg, 1.2 bpg (48.8% FG, 77.7% FT)

Those are LJ's numbers.

I'll stick with Jordan until further notice...until Lebron proves he's better.

He's like a combination of Bird and Magic with Jordan's athleticism...the next stage in the evolution of basketball greats.

He's got a ways to go to reach Jordan's level. But, the point is, he's the first, and only, player I've seen with the potential to get there and possibly exceed it.

37.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.6 apg, 2.9 spg, 1.5 bpg (48.2% FG, 85.7% FT)

35.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.9 apg, 3.2 spg, 1.6 bpg (53.5% FG, 84.1% FT)

Michael Jordan turned 24 on February 17, 1987. The top line is Jordan's stats from the season he turned 24...he was 23 when it started. The bottom line is the stats from the season he turned 25...he was 24 for half of it.

You sure Lebron at 24 is better? I'm not.

28.4 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 7.2 apg, 1.7 spg, 1.2 bpg (48.8% FG, 77.7% FT)

Those are LJ's numbers.

I'll stick with Jordan until further notice...until Lebron proves he's better.

No doubt MJ had some great stats, but look at what LeBron has already accomplished. He took a really terrible team to the finals two years ago, something Jordan didn't do until 91. Plus, the NBA was a different game then. You had some of the greatest players of all-time, but I don't think it was as deep as it is now. Sure at the top it was, but overall 1-12 I think NBA rosters now aren't even comparable to rosters in 86 or 87. I also don't think many of the players who thrived in the earlier decades would be nearly as good in todays game. It is a matter of choice of course, I don't think most people would say LBJ is better at 24 than MJ, but I think there is a case. For the two to be compared, they are totally different players. I don't think we will ever see LBJ averaging 35 for a season, it's just not his game, nor really many other players.

JMO, I would take LeBron.

Hilarious commercial, the funniest part about it was the Browns could seriously use him.

I really believe with a decent amount of training/coaching he could pick any position on the football filed and dominate. Freakish sounds like the perfect word

Have looked at a few rosters and all have LJ listed at 250lbs. Imo, 270 is not accurate.

He said in an interview with Magic Johnson that he was above 260 lbs. but not quite 270 lbs. He doesn't want to list his true wait for whatever reason. I would say 260 is a fair estimate, and 270 wouldn't shock me for next season. The added weight doesn't seem to slow him down though, actually he seems quicker this season. I think it will be interesting to see if he wears down in teh playoffs.