Lebron James

I'll take Kobe.

I'd say if you're comparing the players right now, Kobe is still the better player. But Lebron should have a better career when all is said and done. He may not have the rings Kobe does (*cough* SHAQ *cough*), but statistically, I'd bet Lebron surpasses him in most every category. The guy is a once in a generation specimen, maybe several generations.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say if you're comparing the players right now, Kobe is still the better player. But Lebron should have a better career when all is said and done. He may not have the rings Kobe does (*cough* SHAQ *cough*), but statistically, I'd bet Lebron surpasses him in most every category. The guy is a once in a generation specimen, maybe several generations.

I don't even think it's close yet. Kobe far and away is the better player IMO.

Like I said, right now, Kobe is better. He's got 14 years experience to Lebron's 7 in the NBA. But ultimately, I believe Lebron will pass him.

I'm curious why you have the impression that Lebron will not get any rings? He's helped turn Cleveland, a previous joke of a franchise, into a legit contender.

With this much of a debate on the subject, I don't see how you can realistically say one of them is "far and away" the better player. Kobe may be better, but his rings don't make him "far and away" better than LeBron.

No doubt MJ had some great stats, but look at what LeBron has already accomplished. He took a really terrible team to the finals two years ago, something Jordan didn't do until 91. Plus, the NBA was a different game then. You had some of the greatest players of all-time, but I don't think it was as deep as it is now. Sure at the top it was, but overall 1-12 I think NBA rosters now aren't even comparable to rosters in 86 or 87. I also don't think many of the players who thrived in the earlier decades would be nearly as good in todays game. It is a matter of choice of course, I don't think most people would say LBJ is better at 24 than MJ, but I think there is a case. For the two to be compared, they are totally different players. I don't think we will ever see LBJ averaging 35 for a season, it's just not his game, nor really many other players.

JMO, I would take LeBron.

Wow!:eek:

You would take Lebron over Michael Jordan, even though Lebron has not proven anything like MJ yet? I mean yeah Lebron has all the potential in the world, and MIGHT one day be better than MJ. However the one difference is MJ has ALREADY done it, Lebron has not. There is no way to know that he will get it done like MJ either. So I don't know how you can take Lebron over MJ yet, when MJ has already got it done. All right now with Lebron is potential, I mean Lebron could possibly have great stats and NEVER win a title, and definitely not even get close to 6 titles. So I just really don't know how you can take Lebron right now, when Lebron hasn't proven anything really yet. Hence the key word yet, because he has the potential to, but who knows if it will happen.

I would take LeBron over Jordan. LeBron has accomplished more than Jordan has at an earlier age. I know Jordan went to college, but then that further proves my point. As time goes on LeBron will arguably be the best player to ever play the game. LeBron elevated Cleveland in 5-6 years, much like Jordan, but he hasn't needed a Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant to take him their either. Mo Williams has helped out some, but I have every reason to believe that Cleveland would be just as good as they are now without Mo Williams.

Now, as far as LeBron being the best player on the planet, not quite. That distinction is still held by Kobe Bryant. He has 3 rings and the experience of being in the NBA Fianls 5 times. He is the reigning MVP and very easily could be the 3-time reigning MVP if people would quit holding grudges against his personality. He has been a mainstay on the all NBA Defensive First Team for years and his defensive prowess is a facet of his game that LeBron has yet to capture. Kobe Bryant also has a way more consistent jumper than LeBron and that jumper is deadly from pretty much anywhere on the court. Kobe may not have the physical tools of LeBron and in his old age he may not attack the rim the same way he did 5 years ago, but IMO, without a doubt, for now, Kobe is still the best player on the planet. LeBron should take that title from in 2 years or less. I hope they both make the Finals so we can see the 2 best players on the planet battle it out.......

This statement deserves another thread.

LeBron is amazing. I love watching him play, his style is something I haven't seen in some time. I'm tired of the "Kobe is better" junk, because IMO he isn't. Kobe is an amazing player, he is. But LeBron is dominating with half the team Kobe has. Sure he plays in the East, but the East has 3 of the top teams in the NBA. Kobe does have to go against the West, which is the best from top to bottom, but LeBron does it all. His numbers are amazing, and he does it with a team like Cleveland. You take Kobe off the Lakers, they could still win around 44-48 games a year, LeBron off the Cavs, they win about 32-36 games a year.

Kobe's resume is better because he has the three titles and he's played longer, but Lebron James is the better player right now and the gap will only get wider because LJ will get better. And, he'll end his career with multiple rings, so that argument won't be there when James is done.

I would take LeBron over Jordan. LeBron has accomplished more than Jordan has at an earlier age. I know Jordan went to college, but then that further proves my point. As time goes on LeBron will arguably be the best player to ever play the game. LeBron elevated Cleveland in 5-6 years, much like Jordan, but he hasn't needed a Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant to take him their either. Mo Williams has helped out some, but I have every reason to believe that Cleveland would be just as good as they are now without Mo Williams.

Now, as far as LeBron being the best player on the planet, not quite. That distinction is still held by Kobe Bryant. He has 3 rings and the experience of being in the NBA Fianls 5 times. He is the reigning MVP and very easily could be the 3-time reigning MVP if people would quit holding grudges against his personality. He has been a mainstay on the all NBA Defensive First Team for years and his defensive prowess is a facet of his game that LeBron has yet to capture. Kobe Bryant also has a way more consistent jumper than LeBron and that jumper is deadly from pretty much anywhere on the court. Kobe may not have the physical tools of LeBron and in his old age he may not attack the rim the same way he did 5 years ago, but IMO, without a doubt, for now, Kobe is still the best player on the planet. LeBron should take that title from in 2 years or less. I hope they both make the Finals so we can see the 2 best players on the planet battle it out.......

There's absolutely no reason to believe Cleveland would be as good without Mo Williams. That's a ridiculous statement.

You'd take Lebron over Jordan, but you think Kobe is better than Lebron. :ohbrother:

Wow!:eek:

You would take Lebron over Michael Jordan, even though Lebron has not proven anything like MJ yet? I mean yeah Lebron has all the potential in the world, and MIGHT one day be better than MJ. However the one difference is MJ has ALREADY done it, Lebron has not. There is no way to know that he will get it done like MJ either. So I don't know how you can take Lebron over MJ yet, when MJ has already got it done. All right now with Lebron is potential, I mean Lebron could possibly have great stats and NEVER win a title, and definitely not even get close to 6 titles. So I just really don't know how you can take Lebron right now, when Lebron hasn't proven anything really yet. Hence the key word yet, because he has the potential to, but who knows if it will happen.

Well, well, well, futurecoach is here to bust my chops.:D Just playing man.

Please read our entire discussion, it was about Jordan at 24 years old and LeBron at 24. Like everyone stated before Jordan had better scoring stats, but he hadn't really done as much as LeBron in the grand scheme of things. LBJ took the Cavs.....THE CAVS!!! to the finals at 22. And it was all by himself. Jordan didn't reach the finals until he was 27 or 28 in '91. LeBron also has a fuller stat sheet. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Just a question though. Do you just search for my post to make fun of them? Seriously. You totally took what I said out of context here to try to discredit me. I said I think LBJ is better at 24 than Jordan was. I don't have to look at the stats, I remember watching Jordan in college, let alone when he was in his 3rd year in the league. If someone thinks MJ was better that is perfectly fine and understandable. He was the greatest player in NBA history and is one of the top handful of professional athletes all-time.