Lebron James

No doubt MJ had some great stats, but look at what LeBron has already accomplished. He took a really terrible team to the finals two years ago, something Jordan didn't do until 91. Plus, the NBA was a different game then. You had some of the greatest players of all-time, but I don't think it was as deep as it is now. Sure at the top it was, but overall 1-12 I think NBA rosters now aren't even comparable to rosters in 86 or 87. I also don't think many of the players who thrived in the earlier decades would be nearly as good in todays game. It is a matter of choice of course, I don't think most people would say LBJ is better at 24 than MJ, but I think there is a case. For the two to be compared, they are totally different players. I don't think we will ever see LBJ averaging 35 for a season, it's just not his game, nor really many other players.

JMO, I would take LeBron.

See? :idunno:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's absolutely no reason to believe Cleveland would be as good without Mo Williams. That's a ridiculous statement.

You'd take Lebron over Jordan, but you think Kobe is better than Lebron. :ohbrother:

Yeah, I'd take Kobe over Jordan. I don't think you lose much from one to the next. Jordan's stats will always be better, but yeah, I'd take Kobe over Jordan. Their games are very similar and I am a die hard Dukie, so there you have it.

There's absolutely no reason to believe Cleveland would be as good without Mo Williams. That's a ridiculous statement.

You'd take Lebron over Jordan, but you think Kobe is better than Lebron. :ohbrother:

How many games all year has Mo Williams won for Cleveland? Zero point zero. Lebron is that team. Period.

Yeah, I'd take Kobe over Jordan. I don't think you lose much from one to the next. Jordan's stats will always be better, but yeah, I'd take Kobe over Jordan. Their games are very similar and I am a die hard Dukie, so there you have it.

This and the other thread has reminded me why I don't bother discussing Kobe with some on here. I'm out.

Will you laugh if he gets one this year?

:lol: Ain't gonna happen so I don't have to worry about that.

I'll be shocked if Cleveland makes it out of the East this year. I look for the Magic to represent the East, and the Lakers the West.....Kobe takes home #4 unfortunately.

Well, well, well, futurecoach is here to bust my chops.:D Just playing man.

Please read our entire discussion, it was about Jordan at 24 years old and LeBron at 24. Like everyone stated before Jordan had better scoring stats, but he hadn't really done as much as LeBron in the grand scheme of things. LBJ took the Cavs.....THE CAVS!!! to the finals at 22. And it was all by himself. Jordan didn't reach the finals until he was 27 or 28 in '91. LeBron also has a fuller stat sheet. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Just a question though. Do you just search for my post to make fun of them? Seriously. You totally took what I said out of context here to try to discredit me. I said I think LBJ is better at 24 than Jordan was. I don't have to look at the stats, I remember watching Jordan in college, let alone when he was in his 3rd year in the league. If someone thinks MJ was better that is perfectly fine and understandable. He was the greatest player in NBA history and is one of the top handful of professional athletes all-time.

No not at all, we just have way different opinions on things. I did read your post, and I know you all at first were comparing the two at the age of 24. However at the end it sounded like you were saying you would take Lebron over MJ for good and not just at 24. Which is why I stated my opinion that is kind of crazy to say. I mean Lebron has the POTENTIAL to be as good as MJ, and MAYBE even better. However MJ has ALREADY accomplished those great stats, and Lebron is just on potential. So that would make no sense to take Lebron over MJ, if you were just talking about taking Lebron for good over MJ. So that is why I responded like that. If that is not what you meant, then my bad. :thumb:

I would take LeBron over Jordan. LeBron has accomplished more than Jordan has at an earlier age. I know Jordan went to college, but then that further proves my point. As time goes on LeBron will arguably be the best player to ever play the game. LeBron elevated Cleveland in 5-6 years, much like Jordan, but he hasn't needed a Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant to take him their either. Mo Williams has helped out some, but I have every reason to believe that Cleveland would be just as good as they are now without Mo Williams.

Now, as far as LeBron being the best player on the planet, not quite. That distinction is still held by Kobe Bryant. He has 3 rings and the experience of being in the NBA Fianls 5 times. He is the reigning MVP and very easily could be the 3-time reigning MVP if people would quit holding grudges against his personality. He has been a mainstay on the all NBA Defensive First Team for years and his defensive prowess is a facet of his game that LeBron has yet to capture. Kobe Bryant also has a way more consistent jumper than LeBron and that jumper is deadly from pretty much anywhere on the court. Kobe may not have the physical tools of LeBron and in his old age he may not attack the rim the same way he did 5 years ago, but IMO, without a doubt, for now, Kobe is still the best player on the planet. LeBron should take that title from in 2 years or less. I hope they both make the Finals so we can see the 2 best players on the planet battle it out.......

You can have the Kobe and LeBron, I'll take Jordan and his 5 rings...

I'll be shocked if Cleveland makes it out of the East this year. I look for the Magic to represent the East, and the Lakers the West.....Kobe takes home #4 unfortunately.

Magic coming out of the east? I'll take the Celtics..

Cleveland has lost one, ONE, home game this season, and it was to the Lakers. I pick Cleveland to come out on the strength of that home court advantage.