Joe Crawford drafted by Lakers

Joe does not have the length to make it in the league.

Neither did Chuck Hayes, who I thought would never play in the NBA. Joe's ability to overcome everything he did last season leads me to believe that he has a shot to play somewhere if he continues working and improving.

Does anyone know what the Laker's returning roster situation looks like?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like DJ White doesn't have the knees. :D
You might be right. I'm at least able to admit it. I'm not writing him off, as there are always exceptions, I just don't see it right now.

After a couple of years in the D League and some development, MAYBE, but right now, no.

That's like being a backup for Jordan...Useless.

Or being Lorenzen (before being cut) or any other number of backups in any sport on a good team. Poor Joe could get championship rings, cash and bonus money. Somebody has to be the backup. Stuff happens.

I'd take useless any day if the perks were there.

He's in the NBA right now, has a chance to prove or disprove himself and that would be that. He's done more than any of us on here and many other college players will have the opportunity to do.

Congrats to the kid.

He's earned it and the Lakers thought enough of him to use their only pick and give him a chance.

It doesn't matter what we say or ESPN says or what anyone says, really. Ball is in Joe's court now, figuratively and literally.

I hope he proves the nay saying peanut galleries wrong.

ESPN's Chad Ford says he doubts Crawford sticks in the league...

"Crawford is a bit of a tweener as a combo guard. He played well in Orlando but I doubt he sticks in the league."

The same was said about three other UK players, Hayes, Azibuke, and Bogans and they are still hanging in there and giving a good effort for their respective teams. There are players in the league that I know Joe is better than or just as good as. Good luck Joe, I hope he makes it happen and like another poster said, I'll have at least one player on the lakers to root for!

Or being Lorenzen (before being cut) or any other number of backups in any sport on a good team. Poor Joe could get championship rings, cash and bonus money. Somebody has to be the backup. Stuff happens.

I'd take useless any day if the perks were there.

He's in the NBA right now, has a chance to prove or disprove himself and that would be that. He's done more than any of us on here and many other college players will have the opportunity to do.

Congrats to the kid.

He's earned it and the Lakers thought enough of him to use their only pick and give him a chance.

It doesn't matter what we say or ESPN says or what anyone says, really. Ball is in Joe's court now, figuratively and literally.

I hope he proves the nay saying peanut galleries wrong.

Great Post!!! And Why Not Joe? someone has to do the job of back up and just think that only 60 get the chance to be drafted and he was one of them.

The same was said about three other UK players, Hayes, Azibuke, and Bogans and they are still hanging in there and giving a good effort for their respective teams. There are players in the league that I know Joe is better than or just as good as. Good luck Joe, I hope he makes it happen and like another poster said, I'll have at least one player on the lakers to root for!

Heck, you could even say that there were plenty of doubters on Prince and Rondo...and both played big parts on title teams. I wouldn't doubt someone coming out of UK, lol.