Joe Crawford drafted by Lakers

For the record...I never said Crawford wouldn't stick somewhere. He might. I just don't expect him to make the Lakers roster.

As for the other posts, I'm merely pointing out the opposing views...comparing him to Rondo is misleading because his talent level is nowhere near Rondo's. As for Bogans, that's debateable I suppose, but to me Crawford isn't as quick or strong, nor is his defense as good, which is a must in the NBA...so again, despite their similarities, there are enough differences there to make that a misleading argument as well, IMO.

I hope he makes it somewhere, but I'm just not as optimistic as others are. I see some serious weaknesses that will be hard to hide or overcome in the NBA...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just trying to make an incognito joke out of it MJ but I'm glad that you caught it.

Most people would consider Pope horrible, and most certainly on the negative list another poster alluded to earlier, but again like you said, he got 6 years in. So certainly Crawford has to have a pretty good chance, I can't really see how posters are doubting him so severely.

Where did he get picked? There is reason for the doubt...

And to think that out of the entire world he was in the top 60 (Since we have foreigners getting drafted) that did get drafted! Just think of how many good college players that we have seen play in our times who competed and were winners that never even came close! Hopefully this thread gets back to where our UK fans are congratulating Joe for being drafted and end the negativity which is not why the thread was started IMO.

Wasn't Joe guarding other teams best players if they were a guard? I thought Joe improved tremendously his one year under Gillispie. Mitch Kupchek sure was glad to get him, and felt like someone would've taken him before the Lakers got a shot at him.

I thought Prince was too skinny, ... I was wrong (his length and court smarts are solid). I thought Hayes was probably too small. I was wrong (his heart was never in question). I thought Azuibuike was too passive. I was wrong (he learned). I thought Rondo would have to improve his shot. I was wrong (he just doesn't shoot anything bu layups now).

I am tired of being wrong and will not make any predictions and just say "Go Joe" and hope that his dreams come true and has a nice NBA career. :thumb:

I thought Prince was too skinny, ... I was wrong (his length and court smarts are solid). I thought Hayes was probably too small. I was wrong (his heart was never in question). I thought Azuibuike was too passive. I was wrong (he learned). I thought Rondo would have to improve his shot. I was wrong (he just doesn't shoot anything bu layups now).

I am tired of being wrong and will not make any predictions and just say "Go Joe" and hope that his dreams come true and has a nice NBA career. :thumb:

Azubuike is the biggest surprise to me. While Prince and Hayes have been better than expected, I expected those guys to stick somewhere. I felt like Rondo would also stick, and excel in the right situation.

But, Azubuike...didn't think he'd ever make it.

Azubuike is the biggest surprise to me. While Prince and Hayes have been better than expected, I expected those guys to stick somewhere. I felt like Rondo would also stick, and excel in the right situation.

But, Azubuike...didn't think he'd ever make it.

I always thought Azubuike had alot of talent and alot of explosiveness. I think we would've seen a much better player if he would've came back instead of leaving early.

Once again, some of you UK fans are taking way too much offense to mere predictions by people. People aren't bashing Crawford, they're simply stating what they think will come of his pro career. If this was a thread about anyone else you wouldn't be saying a word.

I always thought Azubuike had alot of talent and alot of explosiveness. I think we would've seen a much better player if he would've came back instead of leaving early.

I'm with you, I also thought was would have had a great senior season had he stayed.

Once again, some of you UK fans are taking way too much offense to mere predictions by people. People aren't bashing Crawford, they're simply stating what they think will come of his pro career. If this was a thread about anyone else you wouldn't be saying a word.

:thumb:

I'm that rare breed of UK fan that doesn't find it necessary to like a player or view him above reproach because he wore the blue and white. :scared::sssh:

I hope my fanship hasn't been revoked...:D

Joe will be alright. He'll improve and play a couple years at least because of his potential and explosiveness and then from there are who knows. He may never be an all-star but he'll be alright in the end. Hes already better than most NBDL and most overseas players even though some oversea players are catching up to the NBA