Anyone have a license to carry a concealed weapon?

Panther091

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have one and don't plan on getting one but so long as the people getting them are proven to be knowledgable and (while there's no solid way to PROVE this) responsible with firearms, then I'm all for people having the right to carry them.

I'll always wish the world could be without guns, but I'm a realist, so protect yourself if you have to. I'll stick with my fists, and knives or swords if necessary. I'm not saying I could put up a fight against someone pointing a gun at me with those things (maybe if they're close enough I could), but I'd rather just not contribute. I don't see myself in a situation where I'd need a gun. I know that probably seems like a naive thing to say, but when it comes to situations like these you're either seen as naive or paranoid, and I choose the former.

Knives and swords are no different than a gun you need a CCP, it's just your preference. I think those that have a CCP would try to use all means to avoid using their weapon.: ohbrother:

So after you take the class, what's the turnaround on getting the actual permit?

About a month or so. After about 2 weeks you get a certificate saying you passed. Take that up to your local Sheriff's Dept. and give them a copy of that along with a photo of yourself. While your there you'll also pay the Sheriff's Dept. and KSP for the background check and stuff. After all thats done you'll wait about 2-3 more weeks.

I don't have one and don't plan on getting one but so long as the people getting them are proven to be knowledgable and (while there's no solid way to PROVE this) responsible with firearms, then I'm all for people having the right to carry them.

I'll always wish the world could be without guns, but I'm a realist, so protect yourself if you have to. I'll stick with my fists, and knives or swords if necessary. I'm not saying I could put up a fight against someone pointing a gun at me with those things (maybe if they're close enough I could), but I'd rather just not contribute. I don't see myself in a situation where I'd need a gun. I know that probably seems like a naive thing to say, but when it comes to situations like these you're either seen as naive or paranoid, and I choose the former.

I like how you think. I'm pretty much on the same train of thought as you. :thumb:

Anyone have a license to carry a concealed weapon? I for one have my license and was wondering if anyone else did. Do you agree or disagree with the right to carry a firearm?

I have had mine for about 8 years. It is our right to carry a weapon. I normally do not carry one, but I feel it comes in handy when heading down to the farm to hunt. Packing the truck you never know where you may place your gun or knife. I also believe that it got me out of a ticket one time. A state trooper pulled me over for speeding and I handed him my license and CDWP. As he walked back to the cruiser, I saw him shuffle from the license to the permit and stopped, turned around and told me slow down and have a nice day. They know right away that you are not a felon!