Anyone have a license to carry a concealed weapon?

Panther091

In Ky. a CCP is good for 5 years. Then you have to renew. If you let it lapse for 6 months then you have to take the course over again. I believe it usually costs $75.00 for the course and $60.00 for the permit.

There is a guy here in Lewis County that is giving the course for $65.00 and he will do it any time you want as long as there is at least 4 people in the class.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About a month or so. After about 2 weeks you get a certificate saying you passed. Take that up to your local Sheriff's Dept. and give them a copy of that along with a photo of yourself. While your there you'll also pay the Sheriff's Dept. and KSP for the background check and stuff. After all thats done you'll wait about 2-3 more weeks.
I don't know what it's like up there, but an article in the local paper last week said that Florida was adding 60 new people just to process the increased demand for CCPs.

I just bought a new handgun last Friday. I bought a 3" Taurus "The Judge" and I'm planning on taking my concealed carry class next month. Does anyone have one of these guns and if so, what do you think?

I've heard several good reviews on the Judge! A guy I work with has one and says it stays right beside his bed incase of a break in. I can't remember off the top of my head... Does it shoot 38 special or 357 mag? What kind of shotgun shells does it fire?

I've heard several good reviews on the Judge! A guy I work with has one and says it stays right beside his bed incase of a break in. I can't remember off the top of my head... Does it shoot 38 special or 357 mag? What kind of shotgun shells does it fire?

It shoots .410 shotgun shells and .45 colts (at least the 3" chamber). It took me all weekend but I think I found the only box of .45 longs in Pulaski County. I've currently got it by my bed loaded with 2 .410 #6 shot followed by 3 .45s. I live in a townhouse complex and like the fact that if I ever have to use it I don't have to worry about hurting my neighbors. I also travel a lot and from the video reviews I saw it looks like a great weapon for combating carjackings.

I don't know what it's like up there, but an article in the local paper last week said that Florida was adding 60 new people just to process the increased demand for CCPs.

I took the class sometime last winter with my brother-in-law and another friend, it took me about 4 months to get mine back and took them even longer... My local sheriffs dept. told me not to get in a hurry because the state was flooded with permit request, I can't imagine it being any better now...

I just bought a new handgun last Friday. I bought a 3" Taurus "The Judge" and I'm planning on taking my concealed carry class next month. Does anyone have one of these guns and if so, what do you think?

I'm not aware of the "judge" but keep in mind some classes require the disassembly of your weapon. Therefore a revolver may be a better choice to take to the class. It depends on the teacher. The shooting part of the test is a joke. You could hit the target with your eyes closed.

I'm not aware of the "judge" but keep in mind some classes require the disassembly of your weapon. Therefore a revolver may be a better choice to take to the class. It depends on the teacher. The shooting part of the test is a joke. You could hit the target with your eyes closed.

"The Judge" is a revolver. I've got the 3" chamber version. It fires .410 shotgun shells or .45 Colts. It holds 5 shots and you can load it with 5 of each or any combination of the 2. Here's a link to a video of the weapon:

The Judge

Edited by AverageJoesGym

I don't have one and don't plan on getting one but so long as the people getting them are proven to be knowledgable and (while there's no solid way to PROVE this) responsible with firearms, then I'm all for people having the right to carry them.

I'll always wish the world could be without guns, but I'm a realist, so protect yourself if you have to. I'll stick with my fists, and knives or swords if necessary. I'm not saying I could put up a fight against someone pointing a gun at me with those things (maybe if they're close enough I could), but I'd rather just not contribute. I don't see myself in a situation where I'd need a gun. I know that probably seems like a naive thing to say, but when it comes to situations like these you're either seen as naive or paranoid, and I choose the former.

:thumb:

I dont have one, but love the option is available to those without a record. I would get one in a heartbeat however, if I felt it was needed.

Edited by JPP
added content

"The Judge" is a revolver. I've got the 3" chamber version. It fires .410 shotgun shells or .45 Colts. I holds 5 shots and you can load it with 5 of each or any combination of the 2. Here's a link to a video of the weapon:

The Judge

Thanks for the video Joe. What a great weapon! I used to sell guns but have been out of the business for many years. Kids took over my playtime. I look forward to getting back to the range and I may have to pick up the 'Judge'.