Anyone have a license to carry a concealed weapon?

Panther091

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have one and don't plan on getting one but so long as the people getting them are proven to be knowledgable and (while there's no solid way to PROVE this) responsible with firearms, then I'm all for people having the right to carry them.

I'll always wish the world could be without guns, but I'm a realist, so protect yourself if you have to. I'll stick with my fists, and knives or swords if necessary. I'm not saying I could put up a fight against someone pointing a gun at me with those things (maybe if they're close enough I could), but I'd rather just not contribute. I don't see myself in a situation where I'd need a gun. I know that probably seems like a naive thing to say, but when it comes to situations like these you're either seen as naive or paranoid, and I choose the former.

I don't have one and don't plan on getting one but so long as the people getting them are proven to be knowledgable and (while there's no solid way to PROVE this) responsible with firearms, then I'm all for people having the right to carry them.

I'll always wish the world could be without guns, but I'm a realist, so protect yourself if you have to. I'll stick with my fists, and knives or swords if necessary. I'm not saying I could put up a fight against someone pointing a gun at me with those things (maybe if they're close enough I could), but when it comes to situations like these you're either seen as naive or paranoid, and I choose the former.

First of all I agree with your opening statement that all responsible and I will add "law abiding" citizens have the right to owning and a carrying a firearm if they so choose and qualify to do so.

As for you list later in the post I would add one more to that list and that is a realist, I choose that one.;)

First of all I agree with your opening statement that all responsible and I will add "law abiding" citizens have the right to owning and a carrying a firearm if they so choose and qualify to do so.

As for you list later in the post I would add one more to that list and that is a realist, I choose that one.;)

Perhaps I was trying (and failing in retrospect) to encompass an overall view on the matter. Realists in this situation could (naturally, as realist would fall between the two) either have, or not have guns. I'm a realist who says the odds of me getting into a situation in which somebody pulls a gun on me is not incredibly likely, and if so I probably wouldn't bother trying to pull a gun myself - I'm not as sly as Han Solo, I'd probably get capped. It wouldn't be the best investment for me, so I choose not to.

Perhaps I was trying (and failing in retrospect) to encompass an overall view on the matter. Realists in this situation could (naturally, as realist would fall between the two) either have, or not have guns. I'm a realist who says the odds of me getting into a situation in which somebody pulls a gun on me is not incredibly likely, and if so I probably wouldn't bother trying to pull a gun myself - I'm not as sly as Han Solo, I'd probably get capped. It wouldn't be the best investment for me, so I choose not to.

:thumb:That is your right as well. When I have a problem is when others try to tell me that I shouldn't have the right to own firearms.

:thumb:That is your right as well. When I have a problem is when others try to tell me that I shouldn't have the right to own firearms.

The right to own will soon be the least of our worries Oldrambler. The slick folks to the left are focusing their attention on ammo.

And you won't get that from me. One of my more right-wing stances that helps prove I'm a moderate.:D

I'll always wish the world could be without guns, but I'm a realist, so protect yourself if you have to. I'll stick with my fists, and knives or swords if necessary. I'm not saying I could put up a fight against someone pointing a gun at me with those things (maybe if they're close enough I could), but I'd rather just not contribute. I don't see myself in a situation where I'd need a gun. I know that probably seems like a naive thing to say, but when it comes to situations like these you're either seen as naive or paranoid, and I choose the former.

I'm with you! :thumb: