Any Fishing Trip Reports?

oldrambler

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a couple of friends this past week who are pretty good bass fishermen and they have had some sucsess at Grayson Lake.

Methods used were to "slow roll" a 1/2 oz. single colorado blade spinnerbait on wood cover located on channel banks. Also, crankbaits run in the 6-8ft. depth zone were somewhat effective along with Flippin' a Jig&pork trailer next to stumps/wood in very shallow water (5ft. or less) towards to headwaters/Little Sandy area of the lake.

I would say that all of our recent heavy storms and rain have put a end to that bite for a while.

My sidekick and I are headed to Lake Cumberland next week for 3 days. He informed me today that we are gonna catch a thousand fish when he saw that it was gonna approach 70 next weekend. Sure hope he's right.:walk:

My sidekick and I are headed to Lake Cumberland next week for 3 days. He informed me today that we are gonna catch a thousand fish when he saw that it was gonna approach 70 next weekend. Sure hope he's right.:walk:

Good luck Doc, let us know how you do.:thumb:

4.5 pounder in a pond on a white rooster tail last Saturday. No joke, I was a little suprised to say the least.

Don't be suprised, some very good fish come from farm ponds.......especially this time of the year and a rooster tail wil catch anything that swims.

Congrats, that was a nice fish. :thumb:

We caught 55 rainbow trout at laurel lake this past Saturday. We trolled black A.C. Shiners up in the river section of the lake. The trout are a lot bigger than last years "Stockers", with the majority around 15 inches and weighing 1-1.5 pounds. A couple of weeks ago, a guy I know caught a 5 pounder out from the Hightop ramp on a crawdad colored husky jerk. The trout are feeding heavily on shad, and just about any minnow-imitation will catch fish!

Fished this past Friday and Saturday at Laurel Lake. We caught 108 trout Friday and 72 Saturday. A lot of the fish are hold-overs from last year and are nice and fat. Baby Bass & Silver/Black #6 Husky Jerks were the best colors. Another boat had great success using #5 Shad Raps. The limit is 8 trout per angler, so the majority of fish were put back. We try not to touch the fish and use needle-nose pliers to shake them off as quickly as possible.

Went Striper fishing on Lake Lanier weekend before last. Caught BUMPKIS! It truly is amazing how down that lake is, and what's even crazier is it has significantly improved since the summer. We marked a bunch at 35-60 feet, we were drifting live shad and trout. I had one good strike that I kept on for maybe 40 seconds (obviously hit the wrong end of the trout HAHA) and one of our customers had a really nice strike when we found a school of baitfish off a point on top water.