Lincoln County at Highlands

RoadRunner

Who wins?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Yeah I know that. What I am looking for are total career numbers. Sorry for the confusion. Its been 26 yrs for me too. :p
I read that first sentence wrong. I thought you were looking for another guy. Don't mess with my mind...it's messy enough. :creepy:

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Lincoln County's first semi-final since 1993 and I have put in a hard day's work playing around with football. As such, I am still in the office at 9:50 local time trying to catch up on the real work.

I am clocking out now and sending my overtime to Guru. See you guys tomorrow.

[self Imposed 12 hour ban begins......NOW]

Do points allowed by quarter and then average each team's points allowed against the other team's points scored and see what you get?

I don't know what it will be by quarters but the end result will be:

Highlands 28

Lincoln County 18

Your picking against your own team?? We must of really got in your head...:lol::lol:

Do points allowed by quarter and then average each team's points allowed against the other team's points scored and see what you get?

I don't know what it will be by quarters but the end result will be:

Highlands 28

Lincoln County 18

Avg Game

Highlands 41 - 10

Lincon Co 27 - 15

Yeah I know that. What I am looking for are total career numbers. Sorry for the confusion. Its been 26 yrs for me too. :p
The team's his class were a part of went a total of 45-3. His senior year, John led the state in scoring with 182 points. He led NKY in rushing with over 1,800 yards. He was second team all-state.

Just curious though...what did happen on that overnight in Corbin? :cool:

I know this isnt the thread for this but since everybody is sorta going in different directions I thought I would bring up that former great running back in Ft. Thomas. Does anybody have any numbers on this guy? Little help Birdsfan. His numbers as a Junior were pretty sick especially in the State final against E'Town. I am curious if his 256 yds is still a state final record for rushing. There is no question that Johnny B is in my top 3 of all time in Ft. Thomas. I have been asked over the years who the best were and why. I know there are greats from each generation and rightfully so deserving and please lets not do that on this thread. Johns outside speed and shoulder and hip moves were something to be seen. The scary thing is not only was he quick and fast, he had some toughness to him. If he wasnt stealing the corner on the goal line then he was doing an over the top leap which he pulled off against CovCath in 2OT win in Ft Thomas his Senior yr. He was certainly a key factor during the back to back State Championships in '81 and '82. He is definately one of the best at HHS imo.

Definitely agree with that Sweep. Definitely.

I know this isnt the thread for this but since everybody is sorta going in different directions I thought I would bring up that former great running back in Ft. Thomas. Does anybody have any numbers on this guy? Little help Birdsfan. His numbers as a Junior were pretty sick especially in the State final against E'Town. I am curious if his 256 yds is still a state final record for rushing. There is no question that Johnny B is in my top 3 of all time in Ft. Thomas. I have been asked over the years who the best were and why. I know there are greats from each generation and rightfully so deserving and please lets not do that on this thread. Johns outside speed and shoulder and hip moves were something to be seen. The scary thing is not only was he quick and fast, he had some toughness to him. If he wasnt stealing the corner on the goal line then he was doing an over the top leap which he pulled off against CovCath in 2OT win in Ft Thomas his Senior yr. He was certainly a key factor during the back to back State Championships in '81 and '82. He is definately one of the best at HHS imo.

Top 3 ehhhh!!!!! No certain order, who are your top 3. This ought to be good

Lest we get accused of jacking this thread further, do you think we should start a separate thread for the top three Highlands running backs of all time?

I heard there was an awesome back in the mid 60's when my mom attended Highlands. He ran in the backfield with Mike Lawson. LN, you were probably a youngster back then toolin around at the games. You remember this guy? name slips me.

I tried to make it clear.

Your picking against your own team?? We must of really got in your head...:lol::lol:

It wasn't a pick. It is simple math.

Follow along....

You take the points scored per game for Highlands (41) and add those to the points allowed by Lincoln County (15) and you get a total of 56. You then divided that by two in order to get an average (28).

Then, you take the points scored per game for Lincoln County (27) and add those to the points allowed by Highlands (9) and you get a total of 36. You then divided that by two in order to get an average (18).

It wasn't me picking against my team. It was the result of this calculation.

As far as getting in my head, it won't happen over a football game!!!