Lincoln County at Highlands

RoadRunner

Who wins?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I posted this a few years ago, but let's take another trip down memory lane.

I remember that team and that trip well. Lincoln had a very solid club that was unbeaten and yet they came ever so close vs. Highlands. It was a much better game than the one in '79 when Lincoln made it's first trip to the playoffs. Mr. Network, which of those Bluebird teams appeared the better to you?

BTW, I wish the Patriots luck and a good game. (Ft Thomas too) Though the Bluebirds are favored, I think it should be an interesting matchup.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Records

Lincoln County 11-2

Highlands 13-0

Opponents’ Records

Lincoln County 75-54 (0 opponents still in playoffs)

Highlands 75-55 (2 opponents still in playoffs: Central and Lexington Catholic)

Points Scored

Lincoln County 356 total; 27 per game

Highlands 533 total; 41 per game

Points Allowed

Lincoln County 197 total; 15 per game

Highlands 125 total; 9 per game

Average Winning Margin

Lincoln County 12 points per game

Highlands 32 points per game

Number of Years in the Playoffs

Lincoln County 17 seasons; record of 24-16 (60%)

Highlands 36 seasons; record of 91-19 (82%)

Common Opponents (1-Hopkinsville)

Highlands beat Hopkinsville 42-8 at home in week 6.

Lincoln County beat Hopkinsville 29-21 at home in week 11.

Series

This will be the 3rd game in the series for these two schools. Highlands won both of the previous games.

Season/Winner/Score

1979 HHS 34-0 (AAA Region 3 Final)

1981 HHS 14-0 (AAA Region 3 Final)

I remember that team and that trip well. Lincoln had a very solid club that was unbeaten and yet they came ever so close vs. Highlands. It was a much better game than the one in '79 when Lincoln made it's first trip to the playoffs. Mr. Network, which of those Bluebird teams appeared the better to you?

BTW, I wish the Patriots luck and a good game. (Ft Thomas too) Though the Bluebirds are favored, I think it should be an interesting matchup.

I only saw one game for each of the 1979 and 1981 Bluebird teams but I thought the 1979 team was better. They certainly dominated us.

Yes, LC fans it's true. No visitor bleachers. I have been to a couple games there.

You would think a program like Highlands would have a facility that would allow them to have a visitor and home side.

Imagine Stanford's field, on a bigger scale.

You obviously have never been to a Highlands game in your life. :lol: Either that or you didn't look too closely. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't trade our field, our stadium, or our team for any other in the world! :ylsuper:

I am glad you think it is a better situation, you should being a Highlands fan.

I just think a program as prestiges and glorious as Highlands would have a situation where they would have enough room for bleachers on both sides of the stadium.

A Leatherneck said, our stadium is great for visiting fans. They sit in the same seats that we do. Now, if you would have us go to the trouble and expense of moving an entire stadium that has been there since the turn of the last century, then I welcome your advice on where to place it, and we welcome your generous contribution to the project. :thumb:

You obviously have never been to a Highlands game in your life. :lol: Either that or you didn't look too closely. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't trade our field, our stadium, or our team for any other in the world! :ylsuper:

A Leatherneck said, our stadium is great for visiting fans. They sit in the same seats that we do. Now, if you would have us go to the trouble and expense of moving an entire stadium that has been there since the turn of the last century, then I welcome your advice on where to place it, and we welcome your generous contribution to the project. :thumb:

TRUE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I remember right, the building that is adjacent to the north endzone was a parking lot the last time I was there and it was lower than the field.

Is that right?

That's exactly right. It was a very deep drop down to our student parking lot and a house that served the Board of Education. That was filled in and they built the new middle school on top of it. Now if we only had some place to park. :cool: