Lincoln County at Highlands

RoadRunner

Who wins?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Nice post ckyfootball!:thumb: All the teams that have made it to the semi's should be proud of their accomplishments. Looking forward to this game.

I must say, it has been great to be home for all these playoff games, but there is just something about travel and playoffs that go together. Sometimes I feel like it isn't playoffs. Have a safe trip Lincoln.

Thanks! We will be driving up from Lexington.....give us the directions to the stadium, please. Would love to meet some of you all when we arrive!!

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! We will be driving up from Lexington.....give us the directions to the stadium, please. Would love to meet some of you all when we arrive!!

Directions are: 75 N to 275 E. Take 275 E to 471 N which will exit off to the left. Stay on 471 N toward Cincinnati till you reach the Newport/ Memorial Pkwy. exit and turn right. (I'll try and get you and exit # for the Memorial exit from 471). Turn right on Memorial and go thru 2 stop Lights. You will pass a reservoir on the right and go to the next stop sign. This is the intersection of N. Ft. Thomas Ave. and Memorial. Go straight and the stadium will be on your left. Start looking for parking on the street because there really isn't any off street parking. There is one lot but it is reserved.

This is my best, but maybe someone could streamline these directions if they are confusing.

I love this time of the year. Did I mention that yet? I hope that the boys are ready. With all this excitement, I have forgotten how horrible the Bengals record has been. I just wish that we had something other than HS football in this town to watch. Just kidding. There is nothing more pure and meaningful than watching kids that play a game for the love of the game, not a paycheck. To me, that means more than anything. I actually turned down a free ticket to the Bengals game today. Is that sad or what?

It is going to take a HUGE effort on the Patriots side to win this game--and I do believe that the team and coaches will give it all they have. The only team that may be able to beat Highlands is..........Highlands. They seem to have it all this year. No one even picked Lincoln to win 4-5 games, so it is an honor and priviledge to watch what these boys have done to prove the nay-sayers wrong. It has been done with heart, determination and a genuine love for teammates that hass gotten them this far. I am sure Highlands can say the same. Good Luck to both teams!

The Danville Sports writers didn't pick them to win, but 4 or 5 games....you could find several others, though, that when they saw those predictions dropped their jaws in disbelief. I was one of them, and I wasn't alone.

When you look at the whole scheme of things, yes, they lost two great players in Miller and Calhoun....but, on the flip side, they had their QB back, their line, a linebacking core that could be argued as one of the best in the state and an athlete, an absolute game changer and play-maker in Ryan Young. Taking that in consideration, I knew those predictions of 4 or 5 wins wasn't going to hold up.

Good luck Pats!

The address is 2400 Memorial Parkway, FT Thomas, KY 41075. You can google it for a map.

Blue....

I just downloaded "Google Earth".....your alls place shows up real good from the satelite pic, along with every stadium in the NKY region...pretty slick to look at.

Blue....

I just downloaded "Google Earth".....your alls place shows up real good from the satelite pic, along with every stadium in the NKY region...pretty slick to look at.

Is it just me, or is our field crooked? If you look at the picture on Google Earth, our field does not look like a rectangle, more like a trapezoid. Doesn't the sideline on the side near the stands look bent? I must be losing my mind if I am the only one who sees it.

Directions are: 75 N to 275 E. Take 275 E to 471 N which will exit off to the left. Stay on 471 N toward Cincinnati till you reach the Newport/ Memorial Pkwy. exit and turn right. (I'll try and get you and exit # for the Memorial exit from 471). Turn right on Memorial and go thru 2 stop Lights. You will pass a reservoir on the right and go to the next stop sign. This is the intersection of N. Ft. Thomas Ave. and Memorial. Go straight and the stadium will be on your left. Start looking for parking on the street because there really isn't any off street parking. There is one lot but it is reserved.

This is my best, but maybe someone could streamline these directions if they are confusing.

Thanks! I think Lincoln will bring a big crowd. I remember a sign in Pikeville when they played for state championships back in the 80's.....it said "Last one out--turn off the light!!" Maybe someone should put that up outside of Stanford!!

Thanks! I think Lincoln will bring a big crowd. I remember a sign in Pikeville when they played for state championships back in the 80's.....it said "Last one out--turn off the light!!" Maybe someone should put that up outside of Stanford!!

Yeah, I think I saw that one on Varsity Blues. I Hope that we are able to put it up on Memorial Pkwy next Friday.

Is it just me, or is our field crooked? If you look at the picture on Google Earth, our field does not look like a rectangle, more like a trapezoid. Doesn't the sideline on the side near the stands look bent? I must be losing my mind if I am the only one who sees it.

We all droop and sag a little with age!

HHS vs. LC factoid:

Looks we have a common opponent, Hop-town! The BIRDS beat them in September 42 - 8. Lincoln County beat them just a few weeks ago, 29 - 21.

I remember the BIRDS starting unit coming out early in the 3rd qtr. Looks like the LC/Hop-town game was a close contest.

...another factoid:

The BIRDS beat Lex Catholic several weeks back. Lex Catholic beat Bell County Friday night. Handidly. Bell County beat Lincoln County 31 - 7 in the first game of the season.

Any other 'toids for discussion?

HHS vs. LC factoid:

Looks we have a common opponent, Hop-town! The BIRDS beat them in September 42 - 8. Lincoln County beat them just a few weeks ago, 29 - 21.

I remember the BIRDS starting unit coming out early in the 3rd qtr. Looks like the LC/Hop-town game was a close contest.

...another factoid:

The BIRDS beat Lex Catholic several weeks back. Lex Catholic beat Bell County Friday night. Handidly. Bell County beat Lincoln County 31 - 7 in the first game of the season.

Any other 'toids for discussion?

Johnson Central dominated Louisville Central. Highlands struggled past Louisville Central and Lincoln County dominated Johnson Central.

Heres a Factoid for ya......Lincoln Beat Johnson Central 43-22 ....Johnson Central Beat Louisville Central 48-29 and.....Louisville Central only lost to Highlands by 8 any was up 13-0 late in the game.

Comparing Scores dont mean a thing. What does matter is blocking and tackling on friday night.

The Newport/Memorial Pkwy Exit on Interstate I-471 is Exit #4.