RoadRunner

Who wins?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO if Lincoln takes it to HHS this will be a winable game. They do not like to play physical football.

Lincoln 21

HHS 14

I am so glad that you joined BGP. I also thank you for your post today. I needed a laugh and in fact am still chuckling as I type. Thank you for that side splitter. Can't wait to see what everyone else has to say about this one. I love BGP. This is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously have Never watched a HHS game. I would love to hear what you say to Mr. Stine, and Mr. Fitzgerald, and their "lack" of physical football. Honestly, every player on the Defense hits hard. I hope for your sake that Josh Conner, Hurtt, Cecil, Jurgens, Ball, Roller, Collinsworth, and others get to see this quote. Zorro is going to show you what North/South running is all about! By the way, I don't think you know what can of worms you may have just opened. Welcome to Take 1!!!

IMO if Lincoln takes it to HHS this will be a winable game. They do not like to play physical football.

Lincoln 21

HHS 14

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I think you might want to watch a little tape on the Birds....If there is a more physical team in 5A I would love to see it...You and your boys from Lincolin County are going to be in for a rude awakening come next Friday...:eek::eek::eek:

Highlands may be too much for Lincoln, from a talent and numbers standpoint. But, I guarantee Lincoln will not quit. Lincoln only plays around 18 players both ways, so I think that keeping players healthy during the game will be a big key. All but 1 of these players played for Lincoln in Middle School with the only transplant being Trey Owsley(Junior) who moved in as a Freshman from the Berea area. They are a close group who really work together and work for each other.

This senior class has been successful in almost everything they have done at Lincoln County. Their freshman year the 3 main boys sports won 10 games total ( 2 football, 6 basketball and 2 baseball ). Their Junior year those 3 sports won 49 ( 10 football, 24 basketball and 15 baseball ), with the basketball team winning the region and the football team winning the regular season district championship. They have played big games against big teams for several years dating back to aau, middle school games, etc., so I do not think they will be intimidated by the environment.

Not taking anything away from any other team, but Lincoln will hit you hard, as I am sure Highlands will. For Lincoln to pull the upset they would have to play an error free game and get some help from Highlands.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that Lincoln County could beat Highlands this Friday night.

Good luck to both teams and should be a great game Friday night.

Lincoln County 20

FTHighlands 17

I am so glad that you joined BGP. I also thank you for your post today. I needed a laugh and in fact am still chuckling as I type. Thank you for that side splitter. Can't wait to see what everyone else has to say about this one. I love BGP. This is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously have Never watched a HHS game. I would love to hear what you say to Mr. Stine, and Mr. Fitzgerald, and their "lack" of physical football. Honestly, every player on the Defense hits hard. I hope for your sake that Josh Conner, Hurtt, Cecil, Jurgens, Ball, Roller, Collinsworth, and others get to see this quote. Zorro is going to show you what North/South running is all about! By the way, I don't think you know what can of worms you may have just opened. Welcome to Take 1!!!

Actually I have watched tape this week and still hold true to my statement. Everyone is allowed their own opinion's on here and that simply is mine. Only time will tell.

I love your support of, and belief in your team. I don't think that Highlands is interested in helping LC to beat them. I like that those kids on your team have played together for many years in many sports. But this is football. Our kids have played together since they were little and on the Green team, Blue, Red, Gold, and whatever colors they are. I know that they change sometimes. These boys know football. Now some of them do play other sports and are pretty good at them, but football is probably their best talent. Highlands does have some talented athletics other than football. We are on here to talk football only and when it comes to that department, the Birds have it covered.

I like that you feel that your team will win. I am wondering how many fans you will bring up to root on your team. LCC brought a lot of people. It was nice to see that many people trek all the way up north for the game.

Actually I have watched tape this week and still hold true to my statement. Everyone is allowed their own opinion's on here and that simply is mine. Only time will tell.

You are entitled your opinion. I respect that. Did I hear correctly that your boys have 18 that play ironman(both ways)? If that is the case, look for them to get tire quickly against the fresh squads of HHS. Highlands has some players that do offense and defense, but for some reason, they are just so well conditioned that it has never seemed to affect them.

I love to see a good game and hope that the first 3 quarters are. But in the end, I would like to see Highlands pull away so that my heart will stop the flutter.

By the way, if you come, don't forget your ear plugs.

I love your support of, and belief in your team. I don't think that Highlands is interested in helping LC to beat them. I like that those kids on your team have played together for many years in many sports. But this is football. Our kids have played together since they were little and on the Green team, Blue, Red, Gold, and whatever colors they are. I know that they change sometimes. These boys know football. Now some of them do play other sports and are pretty good at them, but football is probably their best talent. Highlands does have some talented athletics other than football. We are on here to talk football only and when it comes to that department, the Birds have it covered.

I like that you feel that your team will win. I am wondering how many fans you will bring up to root on your team. LCC brought a lot of people. It was nice to see that many people trek all the way up north for the game.

Just for the record, Lincoln County is not my team. I have seen them play this year and know that they are a physcial team. Thus my statements about your team.

Just for the record, Lincoln County is not my team. I have seen them play this year and know that they are a physcial team. Thus my statements about your team.

So you say that they are physical. Have you watched a HHS game aside from a few videos? You really don't get the true vision of their physical ability by watching a tape. Did you get a chance to see HHS in person?

Yes, I watched them play LC.

I'm guessing that you watched the LexCath film. Not a real good indicator if HHS can play a pound the ball, grind it out game on the defensive side of the ball, IMO. Offensively, there's no doubt that they'll pound it.

However, Ryle tried to pound it, CCH tried to pound it (twice), Scott tried to pound it...etc. While Scott isn't necessarily a powerhouse the other two teams were pretty good football teams and they didn't have much success.