RoadRunner

Who wins?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with LN, we need to not put the cart before the horse. By the way, how is the kid that got hurt from HHS last night? I believe his number was 32. He scared me terribly to watch him ly there motionless for several minutes at the game. It was great to see him get up and walk off on his own valition. If anyone could give an update that would be nice. By the way, I hope, and no offense to LC, that the long drive takes a little wind out of their sails. I am quite impressed with how handily that they beat JC.

Number 32 Josh Frost played in the 2nd half of the game. It was a very scary moment and I wonder if the Highlands staff had our angle if they would have let him play in the 2nd half.

I am sure that the medical staff checked him out before letting him go out onto the field. I am pretty sure that when a player goes down like that, the decision comes first from medical staff, then the player, then the coach if he feels well enough to go back out there.

Number 32 Josh Frost played in the 2nd half of the game. It was a very scary moment and I wonder if the Highlands staff had our angle if they would have let him play in the 2nd half.

I second that thought. The Birds had the game in the basket at that point... why ridk further injury without getting a total medical check-up and release at the hospital? I heard it was a "stinger" but from the stands it appeared much, much worse.

Glad to see the young fella OK!

From what I read on another thread, JC had two of its top offensive threats sidelined with injuries last night. Could be a big reason for the loss.

Regardless, they are out, this is a Highlands/LC thread. Lets keep it that way. I understand where you are coming from, trying to say that LC should not have won so handily since 2 good players from the other team were out last night but, that happens. The game is over, they won, they are moving on to make the trek up north. Have a safe trip LC, enjoy the drive, but no offense, I hope that you don't enjoy the stay.

I was very impressed with Letcher's size, even though they pretty much ran out of gas in the second quarter. They did give the Birds 1 good quarter of close footbal. How does Lincoln's size measure up to Letcher Co. Central?

28-0 1st quarter if the Birds don't turn it over twice. Don't know if thats a competitve quarter or not?

Lincoln County beat up Johnson Central in the 2nd half of that game. Grimm returned the opening kickoff, but JC managed nothing after that. Johnson Central had a distinct size advantage on Lincoln County too, there was no fluke on who should have won this game.

Lincoln will put up a good fight, but the Bird's will win something like 38-21ish.

Should I post in this thread or wait for the "Take 3" thread?:D

Seriously, Lincoln County has fielded other teams that would seem better suited or have a better chance to avenge our losses from 1979 (34-0) and 1981 (14-0) but this team is full of fight, is solid defensively and is versatile offensively.

The quarterback, Levi Rogers, is a four year starter and is a capable runner and passer. He has thrown for more yards this season than any quarterback in Lincoln County history.

Head Coach Larry French is the defensive coordinator and will not be out-coached. He may not always have the horses but he will scheme around his talent and will play the proverbial chess match with the "O". His 33 (or so) years as a head coach are paying dividends this season for the Patriots.

But our official line will be that we are slow, small, inexperienced, untested, "downstate" and all the other reasons that people will give for a Highlands blow-out.

You will probably not find an opponent that has more respect for the Birds than Lincoln County's long time fans do. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, you need look no further than our "Mr. Ed" cannon that was the direct result of getting our rear ends handed to us in those Region games 26 and 28 years ago and being shell shocked by that darn cannon.

Our tradition, play and cannon never matched up with Highlands in the meantime, but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

I talked to one of my teammates from that 1981 team last night and he remembers this (names have been omitted) about their running back:

"Dang, he was a little guy and I thought 'I am going to kill him when I hit him', but the first time I tried to tackle him he knocked the [deleted] out of me."

To me, that is the epitomy of Highlands football.

More coming up.....I have to drive back to Chicagoland now.