Lincoln County at Highlands

RoadRunner

Who wins?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

None of the four teams got to the semi-finals without being physical. Highlands is Highlands, Lincoln is Lincoln. Let's get it on.

Yep. You don't get this far without being. I watched Frankfort the other nite and they just won the physicality part of the game, hands down....every team that makes it this far is physical.

I was at the UK game today and some were asking me about Lincoln, and I told them the exact same thing that you just said, "Lincoln is Lincoln". They have a team full of "football players" mixed with a couple/few of the "athlete" type kids, "playmakers" that you HAVE to HAVE to win this far in the playoffs. That's been LC's theme for as long as I have known it. Anytime you mix those things, with great coaching, you get where Lincoln and 24 other teams across the state are right now...bottom line.

I can remember others talking about these group of kids (Denson, Brummett, Rogers, Young and Co.)...(last years bunch of Miller, Calhoun, etc., too) when they were in elementary school and what a good, all around group of kids, students, athletes, etc., that they were....they've definately backed it up. I saw all of them at Applebee's the thursday nite before the Pulaski game, went and talked to all 10 or so of them and they said they come their every thursday after practice to eat....little things like that are a great sign of unity and togetherness....little things that usually help pay off in big ways.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many players from Lincoln Co. play both ways. This had a big effect with Letcher Co early in the game on Friday. LCC went from offense to defense and only 4 player came off the field. Highlands brought in 11 fresh players when changing from off. to def. I believe that conditioning has alot to do with Highlands success.

How many players from Lincoln Co. play both ways. This had a big effect with Letcher Co early in the game on Friday. LCC went from offense to defense and only 4 player came off the field. Highlands brought in 11 fresh players when changing from off. to def. I believe that conditioning has alot to do with Highlands success.

I have to agree. Friday night against Letcher Co, #77 aka Rooster was finished after the 1st quarter. Especially when HHS went to a hurry up offense. Letcher played too many men both ways.

So, do the Birds completely two-platoon?

Every team that Lincoln County has played has put their "players" wherever they can help, including playing both ways.

The Bird's "rotate" liberally on defense. They have players that "play" both ways...but not exclusively. Offensively, they rotate in skill set players needed for the appropriate down and distance. The "Hogs" up front stay in the trenches. It seems to work!:banana:

IMHO, I think that the best thing that happened this year was moving two of the hardest hitting, strongest guys on the team to the line-Stine & Ball. Those two guys in my mind have made the difference. Watching the defense and the speed of the linebackers, excellent DB's, its almost electric. I would say that there are enough people on both sides to two-platoon, but the guys that play on both sides are just so good and well-conditioned, it does not affect their endurance. It seems like they are the Energizer bunnies come game time.

We played both of these teams (Hoptown) and no disrespect towards Lincoln, good program and staff but this game should not be close. The only chnace you have against Fort Thomas is to throw the ball. 3 yards and a cloud of dust won't work against them. They have 3 very good linebackers who will knock your head off. Their DB's are average athletes who play with good fundementals but can be beat. Lincoln's QB is very mobil and will need to make alot of plays and get the ball to #24 as often as you can.

If Lincoln can take away counter trey & qb trey that would help. Fort Thomas passing game is there only weakness we could see. The only team I think can beat Fort thomas is Bowling Green who can throw the ball all over the place. Good luck to both teams.

We played both of these teams (Hoptown) and no disrespect towards Lincoln, good program and staff but this game should not be close. The only chnace you have against Fort Thomas is to throw the ball. 3 yards and a cloud of dust won't work against them. They have 3 very good linebackers who will knock your head off. Their DB's are average athletes who play with good fundementals but can be beat. Lincoln's QB is very mobil and will need to make alot of plays and get the ball to #24 as often as you can.

If Lincoln can take away counter trey & qb trey that would help. Fort Thomas passing game is there only weakness we could see. The only team I think can beat Fort thomas is Bowling Green who can throw the ball all over the place. Good luck to both teams.

I disagree with that and think that Mr. Collinsworth and his counterpart Mr. Crothers hopefully will show that they are anything but average athletes.

It is going to take a HUGE effort on the Patriots side to win this game--and I do believe that the team and coaches will give it all they have. The only team that may be able to beat Highlands is..........Highlands. They seem to have it all this year. No one even picked Lincoln to win 4-5 games, so it is an honor and priviledge to watch what these boys have done to prove the nay-sayers wrong. It has been done with heart, determination and a genuine love for teammates that hass gotten them this far. I am sure Highlands can say the same. Good Luck to both teams!

It is going to take a HUGE effort on the Patriots side to win this game--and I do believe that the team and coaches will give it all they have. The only team that may be able to beat Highlands is..........Highlands. They seem to have it all this year. No one even picked Lincoln to win 4-5 games, so it is an honor and priviledge to watch what these boys have done to prove the nay-sayers wrong. It has been done with heart, determination and a genuine love for teammates that hass gotten them this far. I am sure Highlands can say the same. Good Luck to both teams!

Very well put! I like that kind of positivity. I also think that you are correct in that if HHS is not focused, they could be their own worst enemy.

Nice post ckyfootball!:thumb: All the teams that have made it to the semi's should be proud of their accomplishments. Looking forward to this game.

I must say, it has been great to be home for all these playoff games, but there is just something about travel and playoffs that go together. Sometimes I feel like it isn't playoffs. Have a safe trip Lincoln.

...I was beginning to feel the opposite. With little or no home games this year, it was feeling NOT like a football season. I missed the cannon....( no offense to our cheerleaders and their cue cards!) (lol) These playoffs are making up for the lack of "Boom" in the regular season. Let's keep the cannon "locked and loaded" for Friday!!