Lincoln County at Highlands

RoadRunner

Who wins?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Come on, we have seen and heard about this quote enough on this thread. Let it rest,what is wrong with a teenage kid knowing he is playing in a game he has waited for his whole life and knows its David versus Goliath!!!!

Hey, I purposely omitted the Kid's name from my post. One of the Lincoln Faithful named him. But if someone is going to speak to the media, he should think about it first before giving away bulletin board material.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I purposely omitted the Kid's name from my post. One of the Lincoln Faithful named him. But if someone is going to speak to the media, he should think about it first before giving away bulletin board material.

Call it bulletin board material if you want. As it was said earlier, that is just a saying that the legendary Coach French has instilled in his team this year.

It is equivilent to Lincoln County's other popular defensive metaphor, "Bring the Wood."

What is the difference in any of these statements?

"Hit them in the mouth."

"Knock their heads off."

"Bring the wood."

"Let them know we are there."

"Stick them hard."

You obviously have never been to a Highlands game in your life. :lol: Either that or you didn't look too closely. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't trade our field, our stadium, or our team for any other in the world! :ylsuper:

A Leatherneck said, our stadium is great for visiting fans. They sit in the same seats that we do. Now, if you would have us go to the trouble and expense of moving an entire stadium that has been there since the turn of the last century, then I welcome your advice on where to place it, and we welcome your generous contribution to the project. :thumb:

I have been to two games there. Your field is nice, and the view of the game is good. I just don't like sitting with fans from the other team. Doesn't make it right or wrong, just my opinion.

Last time I was there was when Danville played there a few years ago.

I have been to two games there. Your field is nice, and the view of the game is good. I just don't like sitting with fans from the other team. Doesn't make it right or wrong, just my opinion.

Last time I was there was when Danville played there a few years ago.

C'mon, you're more social than that. Sit on their side of the 50 yard line and get the full effect!!!:D

It is equivilent to Lincoln County's other popular defensive metaphor, "Bring the Wood."

What is the difference in any of these statements?

"Hit them in the mouth."

"Knock their heads off."

"Bring the wood."

"Let them know we are there."

"Stick them hard."

What about "Bopped in the Beak" or "Popped in the Pecker" ? We are Birds ya know!!

Big Announcement

Our halftime guests at http://www.wpbkfm.com during the Lincoln County/Highlands game will be Rob "the Guru" from Bluegrasspreps.com and Bluebird Legend, John Bankemper.

I know this isnt the thread for this but since everybody is sorta going in different directions I thought I would bring up that former great running back in Ft. Thomas. Does anybody have any numbers on this guy? Little help Birdsfan. His numbers as a Junior were pretty sick especially in the State final against E'Town. I am curious if his 256 yds is still a state final record for rushing. There is no question that Johnny B is in my top 3 of all time in Ft. Thomas. I have been asked over the years who the best were and why. I know there are greats from each generation and rightfully so deserving and please lets not do that on this thread. Johns outside speed and shoulder and hip moves were something to be seen. The scary thing is not only was he quick and fast, he had some toughness to him. If he wasnt stealing the corner on the goal line then he was doing an over the top leap which he pulled off against CovCath in 2OT win in Ft Thomas his Senior yr. He was certainly a key factor during the back to back State Championships in '81 and '82. He is definately one of the best at HHS imo.

.........................Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4................... PTS

Highlands........10.6 10.8 13.3 6.2 41.0

Lincoln County..7.0 7.0 9.0 26.0 27.4

Do points allowed by quarter and then average each team's points allowed against the other team's points scored and see what you get?

I don't know what it will be by quarters but the end result will be:

Highlands 28

Lincoln County 18