Kentucky 42 Arkansas 29

LRCW

Do you really want to rely on the UK field goal kicker to seal the victory? That is not exactly a guarantee based on what I've seen this year thus far. I think Brooks may have considered this also.;)

Hmmm he could have also considered well if we do miss, they wouldn't have much time left to go 65 yards for a TD, and with a QB that has shown he cant do anything at all...:sssh: ;)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all about situations, and well if we were playing a team that had an actual passing game that could move the ball down field quick, then I could MAYBE see us doing that. However if you look at the situation we were playing a team with NO QB who could drive a team down field. So yeah if we missed the field goal which very well could have happened with our kicker, our chances of winning were still great considering the situation...

Hmmm he could have also considered well if we do miss, they wouldn't have much time left to go 65 yards for a TD, and with a QB that has shown he cant do anything at all...:sssh: ;)

And if they tried a fieldgoal it could have been blocked and run back for a touchdown by Arkansas.

etc

etc

etc

etc

There are an infinite number of possible outcomes to every coaching decision. Tonight's outcome should be celebrated by the UK fans.

And if they tried a fieldgoal it could have been blocked and run back for a touchdown by Arkansas.

etc

etc

etc

etc

There are an infinite number of possible outcomes to every coaching decision. Tonight's outcome should be celebrated by the UK fans.

Trust me I am celebrating plenty thank you....;)

But however like it or not, some of the decisions that UK has made this year have not been the smartest decisions. And if they keep doing that, it eventually very well could end up getting UK a loss...Hey I hope it dont, and these decisions somehow keep working out just fine though...

The pass to Tamme was gutsy, but brilliant IMO. My line of thinking at first was why?, but then I started thinking. Rich most likely told Dre to take the shot to end it only if it were there. If not, hold onto the ball, and get back to the line. IMO no way does Woodson throw that pass if he wasn't 100% sure it was getting caught.

UK proved resilient once again. I thought they were playing with fire when they couldn't seem to take control of the game. Then all of a sudden Arkansas gets 9 points in a 10 second span and I didn't feel to confident about the situation. Great job by Locke, comes in as a 4th stringer and really contributes in the victory. UK really took advantage of the roughing call but what was up with the QB sneak on the two point conversion? I saw Burton isolated on the left and really thought a jump ball was coming. All in all a very solid road win against a solid squad, luckily for UK, McFadden is Arkansas best QB.

UK proved resilient once again. I thought they were playing with fire when they couldn't seem to take control of the game. Then all of a sudden Arkansas gets 9 points in a 10 second span and I didn't feel to confident about the situation. Great job by Locke, comes in as a 4th stringer and really contributes in the victory. UK really took advantage of the roughing call but what was up with the QB sneak on the two point conversion? I saw Burton isolated on the left and really thought a jump ball was coming. All in all a very solid road win against a solid squad, luckily for UK, McFadden is Arkansas best QB.

Thank goodness, 4 and 0 UK! How crazy is that!!!

Anyone else hear the announcer's comment about UK needing to get their basketball program on the same level as the football team? I thought that was funny.

One other thing I thought was funny.....They said that Arkansas' DC said Woodson telegraphs his passes and they were going to be jumping the routes....The guy hasn't thrown an INT in over 7 games, I highly doubt he's telegraphing his passes.

This is a HUGE win for the Cats!

Just curious, how was Locke ranked recruiting wise coming out of HS?

Kentucky turned the ball over too much and gave Arkansas too many easy points (16 to be exact) but still managed to win ON THE ROAD. The defense was amazing in the 2nd half shutting out the Arkansas offense. Wow!