Kentucky 42 Arkansas 29

LRCW

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They showed a bunch formation to start the half and took advantage of the Ark man to man defense and whittled them for an opening second half score.

Kudos to Derrick Locke, a track star from OK who was given a scholarship.

UK's go ahead drive was on the shoulders of the 4th string freshman RB.

Didn't get a scholly til this summer....unreal.

Is Locke the kid that TexTech or OK State reneged on his scholly?

I see what your saying but UK would have only been down 3 so they could have kicked a FG for a tie. The play would have not cost them the game.

Yeah just a tie, but if we kicked an extra point which is more automatic then say a 2 point conversion then that field goal could win it for us, and not make us have to go to overtime on the road...Going for 2 there was not a situation where you really needed to go for 2 on, and I mean yeah its a mute point because we converted it. However that is a chance right there, that IMO wasn't a chance that was worth taking..

Random thoughts:

1) Lindlay's fumble return was huge.

2) The roughing the kicker call was big.

3) The ref making a nice stop on McFadden on the Hogs last drive helped as well.

Bottom line, a SEC road win over the defending West champs, a team desparate for a win, was very sweet. I'll take a W any way you can get it.

Go Big Blue!

HUGE win for the Cats! I am waiting for AllTell to join this thread and tell us how the UK fans really are getting excited for no reason because they really aren't that good!

This is as big a win as the UL win last week IMHO. Cats should move into the top 20 now. 4-0, ... what a great start!!!

Congrats to Brooks and his staff for what they have done for UK football!

Yeah just a tie, but if we kicked an extra point which is more automatic then say a 2 point conversion then that field goal could win it for us, and not make us have to go to overtime on the road...Going for 2 there was not a situation where you really needed to go for 2 on, and I mean yeah its a mute point because we converted it. However that is a chance right there, that IMO wasn't a chance that was worth taking..

I understand what you are saying but PAT are not automatic in college. You never know if Arkansas would have made theirs if they scored. I completely understand your point but I liked them going up 6.

I understand what you are saying but PAT are not automatic in college. You never know if Arkansas would have made theirs if they scored. I completely understand your point but I liked them going up 6.

A kicked PAT is successful about 95% of the time...

Hogs lost because they played a better team tonight. One play did not lose this game.

So the complexion of the game isn't any different if that wasn't called? Sieber missed the FG and the Hogs would have taken over with a 29-21 lead. Instead the Cats tied it up. Game changer right there.

So the complexion of the game isn't any different if that wasn't called? Sieber missed the FG and the Hogs would have taken over with a 29-21 lead. Instead the Cats tied it up. Game changer right there.

What about a game changer when Dixon was stripped after a long run to the Arkansas 25, then Arkansas punt downed on the 2, then safety, then free-kick runback for a TD??? Possibly a 16-point turnaround...both sides had game changers, KY outplayed Arkansas down the stretch and took this win...

This may sound crazy, but all in all I think the D did about as well as could be expected against the run. Outside of the two huge runs in the first half, they did a very good job of keeping McFadden in check.

Great, great win for the Cats....:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

BTW, congrats to Andre Woodson on setting the NCAA record.