Kentucky 42 Arkansas 29

LRCW

GREAT WIN for the Cats tonight! Going down to Fayetteville and beating a physical SEC football team like that is huge! I love this Kentucky Football team, they never quit. They've been hit in the mouth numerous times, but everytime they get right back up off the mat and punch right back. Great job in the second half by the defense and by the offensive line.

GO BIG BLUE!!!! 4-0!!!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you care to elaborate? The only problem I had tonight was the QB draw by Woodson on the 2 point conversion attempt.

1. The 2 point conversion try in this game

2. Running the option on 4th and 1 last week when running up the middle was doing just fine

3. Not going for 2 after getting the touchdown last week against UL to take the lead at the end

4. After we went up 33 to 29 in this game, going for 2 could have been a very bad decision. Because it still only puts us up 6 if we get it, so a touchdown still wins it for Ark. However if we miss it and Ark. scores then we are down three and a field goal would only tie, where if we kicked a extra point a field goal would have won it for us...Going for 2 and missing it would have hurt alot more than just kicking the extra point at that time...

5. Not running the ball more in the game early in the 1st half, when the passing game was not working to great...

1. The 2 point conversion try in this game

2. Running the option on 4th and 1 last week when running up the middle was doing just fine

3. Not going for 2 after getting the touchdown last week against UL to take the lead at the end

4. After we went up 33 to 29 in this game, going for 2 could have been a very bad decision. Because it still only puts us up 6 if we get it, so a touchdown still wins it for Ark. However if we miss it and Ark. scores then we are down three and a field goal would only tie, where if we kicked a extra point a field goal would have won it for us...Going for 2 and missing it would have hurt alot more than just kicking the extra point at that time...

5. Not running the ball more in the game early in the 1st half, when the passing game was not working to great...

I agree with all but #4, Extra points are not as automatic in College as in Pro football. I thought it was good to get up by 6.

I'm not trying to take anything from his performance... Really.... But he played basically one quarter of football against a tired defense while on fresh legs and people are saying he's a stud RB? Not yet.

I do admire his ability to take a hit, however.

Yeah and not many people who are true freshman, and is a 4th stringer who probably dont get much reps, can come into a big game like that and do well. He came in there and didn't play nervous and made BIG plays and held on to the ball after some really hard hits. Yeah we can't say he definitely will be a stud for his career based on this, but you definitely seem to be trying to take away from what he did in this game, which is not right IMO, because he did better than alot of 4th strings guys probably could have done...

I agree with all but #4, Extra points are not as automatic in College as in Pro football. I thought it was good to get up by 6.

Yeah it looks fine now since we did convert on that 2 point conversion, however converting a 2 point conversion is alot harder to do than kicking an extra point, and if we would have missed that. It could have really hurt us IF Arkansas would have went down there and scored a td...

B-E-A-U-tiful.

Big play of the game in my opinion was the Lindley fumble recovery for a TD right before the half to make it 20-14. That halted some Hog momentum plus got UK within on score and then they opened the second half with a TD drive to go ahead.

The roughing penalty on Seiber was huge as well...

UK made quite a few mistakes but preservered and were in position to win the game in the 4th quarter.

McFadden and Jones got loose for some yardage but the damage was minimal, in the first half.

The key to beat Arkansas is to get them into throwing situations, which UK did in the second half. In addition they did a much better job of keeping the Hogs from getting outside. Arkansas's passing game is crippled without Monk at WR.

Great second half adjustments by the staff.

They showed a bunch formation to start the half and took advantage of the Ark man to man defense and whittled them for an opening second half score.

Kudos to Derrick Locke, a track star from OK who was given a scholarship.

UK's go ahead drive was on the shoulders of the 4th string freshman RB.

Didn't get a scholly til this summer....unreal.

Not sure if Dixon got hurt or benched after he fumbled deep in Hog territory...that stemmed some momentum with UK looking to score up 21-20.

I thought Joker and Co. abandoned the run in the first but went to it in the second half and were successful which opened up the passing game.

Great job by the defense in the second half to hold them 120+ total yards.

All in all a bigger and better win than the win over Louisville last week.

^#4 is right on, going up by 6 meant nothing, kick the point and then if Arkansas gets a TD, a FG wins it instead of forcing OT...unless Ark goes for 2 and gets it, and then a FG still ties...but going for 2 is much harder...

David Jones has made 4 terrible plays in the last 2 games and that concerns me as well...

Yeah it looks fine now since we did convert on that 2 point conversion, however converting a 2 point conversion is alot harder to do than kicking an extra point, and if we would have missed that. It could have really hurt us IF Arkansas would have went down there and scored a td...

I see what your saying but UK would have only been down 3 so they could have kicked a FG for a tie. The play would have not cost them the game.

I agree.