Kentucky 42 Arkansas 29

LRCW

Is Locke the kid that TexTech or OK State reneged on his scholly?

I know he originally enrolled on a track scholly, but is now on a football full ride. He had the nice run against Kent. UK is very deep at running back. I think he was Oklahoma player of the year for his class and can see why. Serious speed and amazing toughness for his size.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about tonight.... another win! The best thing after that... being able to win after fighting through a lot of adversity! Injuries, hostile crowd, fumble after a long run that let them back in it etc. The second to last scoring drive for UK was HUGE! The crowd was in it the momentum had shifted and we drove it down for a TD!

What about a game changer when Dixon was stripped after a long run to the Arkansas 25, then Arkansas punt downed on the 2, then safety, then free-kick runback for a TD??? Possibly a 16-point turnaround...both sides had game changers, KY outplayed Arkansas down the stretch and took this win...

Good point. UK did outplay the Hogs down the stretch. Words can't describe how bad Arkansas' passing game was.

I liked the way UK stayed aggressive late in the game when they were ahead 35-29. Instead of just hunkering down and trying to gain a few yards to get in better field goal position, Woodson drops back and completes a pass to Tamme which then led to a touchdown a few plays later. That's playing to win instead of trying to "preserve the lead".

Interesting stats:

The Razorbacks outgained UK 373-131 in the first half but led only 20-14.

Arkansas only had one offensive touchdown.

Hogs outgained UK 495 - 435 and had the ball for over 10 more minutes than the Cats.

UK had 7 punts. Arkansas had 0 punt return yards.

I liked the way UK stayed aggressive late in the game when they were ahead 35-29. Instead of just hunkering down and trying to gain a few yards to get in better field goal position, Woodson drops back and completes a pass to Tamme which then led to a touchdown a few plays later. That's playing to win instead of trying to "preserve the lead".

Well once again IMO it wasn't the smartest move. Yeah it looks great since it worked, but if that would have been an imcomplete pass right there, we would have saved Arkansas a timeout to use on third down. Which would have gave them plenty of time if we missed the field goal. I could maybe see doing that say if we were just up 5 and a field goal would only still keep it at a one possession game, however a field goal here also would have won it. So they very easily could have played to win by just running the ball as well and taking most of the time off the clock, and still have the chance to make it a 2 possession game...Yeah some of these coaching moves have not hurt us yet, which is great. However I very concerned that some of these coaching moves will eventually cost UK a game...

Yeah because it worked, but would you have liked it if it didn't work? And Arkansas went down to score to take the lead by 3, and we kick a field goal to go to overtime, when that field goal would have won it?

A lot of ifs for that to have happened.