Kentucky 42 Arkansas 29

LRCW

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some thoughts on this wonderful win:

Going for the win by passing to Tamme late in the game was a great call. On paper, maybe it's not the right call but great calls aren't always the right ones. Senior quarterback to senior tight end isn't really a reach.

Our defense isn't as bad as it looks on paper. They really limited the two headed beast of Arkansas to a few big plays. They did a great job of forcing the pass on the 3rd down and shutting that down.

The schedule remaining is brutal, but we do get a big break this week. Hopefully this will give us time to let those guys who need to heal do just that.

This team has heart and confidence. That is the greatest coaching job this staff has done, helping these guys believe in themselves.

Our special teams will lose us a game we should win, not coaching decisions.

Our schedule, though brutal, couldn't play out much better. LSU, Florida and MSU at home and then two weeks to get ready for Vandy (we'll need the rest then). Georgia on the road, where they seem to be more susceptible than on the road and ending with UT at home.

UK proved resilient once again. I thought they were playing with fire when they couldn't seem to take control of the game. Then all of a sudden Arkansas gets 9 points in a 10 second span and I didn't feel to confident about the situation. Great job by Locke, comes in as a 4th stringer and really contributes in the victory. UK really took advantage of the roughing call but what was up with the QB sneak on the two point conversion? I saw Burton isolated on the left and really thought a jump ball was coming. All in all a very solid road win against a solid squad, luckily for UK, McFadden is Arkansas best QB.

Not the best of play calls, but #79 mssed a block...he gets it, he has a seam to go for the goal line.

9 of Arkansas point came on miscomunicaton...Jefferies missed assignment allows for Woodson to get hit and fumble....return for TD.

Alfonso Smith goes the wrong way and Woodson is sacked for a safety.

These Cats are redefining what UK football is about. I think they have been thru so much adversity over the past several years that it truly is helping them find a way to win instead of the old Cats who could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I love how much more physical UK is playing. Glad to see them go to the running game which opened up the passing game.

2 weeks in a row, Woodson and his Cats have faced a Heisman hopeful and pulled out the win. Who would have thought that at this point in the season, UK would be 4-0. I thought 3-1 would have been awesome, so this is even that much sweeter.

Every coach makes coaching miscalculations in every game. It happens. To harp on these few errors and overlook the 99% rate of correct coaching moves is pretty sad IMHO. Then to look at what COULD have happened as opposed to what DID happen (eg. the 1st down pass to Tamme) is a dead give away to someone who still doesn't like the current coaches.

BTW, .... where is AllTell? Doesn't every party need a wet blanket? ;)

I think I read this morning that they went 22 for 193. Nice.

and that was after they had something like 20 yards rushing at the half...

UK to be successful in their SEC stretch of games needs to establish the run and then the past....even though the D seems improved...3 and outs or short possessions will eventually wear their D out.

Unsung player for UK thus far....Wesley Woodyard.

Can still remember people questioning his skills coming out of high school...was not highly ranked at all.

JOKE! This coaching staff has done an AMAZING job. Anybody can criticize and nitpick any coach. Flat out joke man.

Once again no Joke at all..Did I ever once say that he has not done an amazing job? I have even said that he has done a great job with getting this program from where it was to where it is now. It is unbelievable what he has done..But Im sorry what I have said is the truth, some of the decisions he has made in games have not been the smartest things, and very well could cost us a game one of these times. I not saying he should be gone because of this, but like it or not he has made some decisions in games that one of these times could end up costing us, and I just stating that I hope that dont happen...So no it definitely no joke at all...