Starbucks Raising Prices Again

Watusi

By the way, about 10 years ago I was present at an import station in Metarie, Louisiana and watched the finished coffee beans headed to Starbucks come out of the same bags that the finished beans being shipped to Sysco were coming out of.

This also happen's with other product's such as orange juice, canned meat and frozen fish.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the answer? $2.50 and UP for 12 oz of coffee. $1.29 for as much coke as you'd care to drink that visit. No comparison in value. If you think paying up to $30 a gallon for coffee is a value, go for it.

"Value" is each person's own judgement call. I wouldn't call McDonald's watered down coke much of a value. To me, no coffee is worth value, because I won't drink it. Earl Grey tea is another story. I am willing to pay good money for that.

The point is, as long as I don't have to pay for what your want, feel free to buy Starbucks coffee and McDonald's Coca-Cola! I am not going to "dog" you for it. :thumb:

RM - What is the actual price for a 12 oz. regular coffee? I don't remember it being that expensive. The article gives the price of a tall latte.

A cup of coffee, in the Louisville market, including tax:

$1.64-12oz

$1.86-16oz

$1.96-20oz

Refills on any size-$.53.

That's why I get so irritated when people say a "cup of coffee costs $4.00 at Starbucks." Coffee doesn't. It's espresso drinks, which must be made to order and most often have add-ins like flavored syrus and whipped cream that are pricier.

You can get a 24oz iced tea for $2.12, including tax, and the same $.53 refill price as well.

A cup of coffee, in the Louisville market, including tax:

$1.64-12oz

$1.86-16oz

$1.96-20oz

Refills on any size-$.53.

That's why I get so irritated when people say a "cup of coffee costs $4.00 at Starbucks." Coffee doesn't. It's espresso drinks, which must be made to order and most often have add-ins like flavored syrus and whipped cream that are pricier.

You can get a 24oz iced tea for $2.12, including tax, and the same $.53 refill price as well.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for clearing that up! It doesn't bother me to pay the extra money for a latte or cappucino, because I don't do it very often. I do think the quality of coffee is better, even if that is just my imagination. :thumb:

You get unlimited refills in a drive thru transaction @ McDonalds? And, can you leave the store, and come back with your cup and get it refilled later? Or go to another McDonalds with the cup and have them refill it?

Actually I know someone whose parents do this all the time. His Dad has an assortment of fast food cups in his truck ready for use. He's that cheap.

By the way, about 10 years ago I was present at an import station in Metarie, Louisiana and watched the finished coffee beans headed to Starbucks come out of the same bags that the finished beans being shipped to Sysco were coming out of.

Sysco is an approved food service distributor for Starbucks. Starbucks has clients that are called "We Proudly Brew Starbucks" locations (hospitals, colleges, etc...). Sysco (along with other distributors) has a license to distribute to some of these vendors.

• 2 weeks later...

SBUX just released their earnings report and it was pretty good especially in the overseas market. Despite their rising costs, their profit increased compared to last year. Overseas profit was up about 7%. I have not checked to see what that did to the stock price.