Starbucks Raising Prices Again

Watusi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problems with oil companies being successful.

I don't either. But a lot of people, using the same arguments they use to defend Starbuck's here, lambast the oil companies for doing the same thing. And I don't want to hear from any of them how its apples and oranges, because that would be bunk.

I dont know if anyone knows this but Starbucks is actually a great company to work for. Great health benefits for everyone who works there. I think you have to work between 30 and 35 hours a week to qualify for their benefits. This also could be why prices are up. I don't mind playing the extra nine cents. The coffee is to good to pass up!

By the way, about 10 years ago I was present at an import station in Metarie, Louisiana and watched the finished coffee beans headed to Starbucks come out of the same bags that the finished beans being shipped to Sysco were coming out of.

There you go, that's the ticket.:cool:

What about behavior modification to control coffee consumption???;)

Behavior modifcation is the way to curb any consumption. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. That's as simple as it can get. In the end, everyone must decide for themselves what priorities they have. And ultimately, no one has anyone to blame but themselves if they continue to spend more than they are comfortable spending on any commodity. It's not like gas or coffee are "can't live without" commodities.

Now, let's discuss coffee consumption. :D

There is NO such thing as too much good coffee! :D

I dont know if anyone knows this but Starbucks is actually a great company to work for. Great health benefits for everyone who works there. I think you have to work between 30 and 35 hours a week to qualify for their benefits. This also could be why prices are up. I don't mind playing the extra nine cents. The coffee is to good to pass up!

I know it, first hand.

Health benefits ARE great...and you only have to work 20 hours a week to qualify. Plus, you qualify quarterly. If you have a quarter that you are short, you may lose them, but if the next quarter you are back to 20 hrs/week, you are automatically re-enrolled.

Working a minimum of 20 hours a week you qualify for:

Full healthcare benefits, including dental and vision and mental; long and short term disability; Employee Stock purchase program; Annual stock option grants; 401K; Free pound of whole bean coffee or a box of Tazo tea, per week; vacation and sick pay; tuition assistance; 30% discount on all employee purchases; Discounts on all sorts of things...for instance I get a 19% discount on Verizon service, 20% on XM service (have 2 receivers I got for free through Starbucks).

That's some of the benefits.

By the way, about 10 years ago I was present at an import station in Metarie, Louisiana and watched the finished coffee beans headed to Starbucks come out of the same bags that the finished beans being shipped to Sysco were coming out of.

That's weird, because Starbucks buys unfinished coffee, roasts it and packages it in their own plants, and distributes it themselves.

I know it, first hand.

Health benefits ARE great...and you only have to work 20 hours a week to qualify. Plus, you qualify quarterly. If you have a quarter that you are short, you may lose them, but if the next quarter you are back to 20 hrs/week, you are automatically re-enrolled.

Working a minimum of 20 hours a week you qualify for:

Full healthcare benefits, including dental and vision and mental; long and short term disability; Employee Stock purchase program; Annual stock option grants; 401K; Free pound of whole bean coffee or a box of Tazo tea, per week; vacation and sick pay; tuition assistance; 30% discount on all employee purchases; Discounts on all sorts of things...for instance I get a 19% discount on Verizon service, 20% on XM service (have 2 receivers I got for free through Starbucks).

That's some of the benefits.

Those are some great beneifts :thumb: Don't mind paying the extra nine cents at all!

That's weird, because Starbucks buys unfinished coffee, roasts it and packages it in their own plants, and distributes it themselves.

They were distributing it. Maybe Starbuck's sells some of their beans to Sysco.