Starbucks Raising Prices Again

Watusi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starbucks is nothing more than a rip off that so many of you seem to love and they know this so raising their prices will only make them more money off of you.

coffee.gif

Wow. The hatred coming out of my screen.:D

SBUX is apparently more than just a place to buy a coffee. I've never had coffee so I can't speak as a client (just a stockholder) but it seems to be as much about the experience as the actual product itself.

Since I'm in the loss column with this stock, I'm all for anything that will raise revenue and , hopefully, profits.

No hate just a fact.

Its not a fact. Its an opinion.

While you do not think its worth that much money, their financials show that there are plenty of people who DO think its worth the price. Nine cents is not going to drive anyone away.

I also share that same opinion. I hate the idea of people spending all of that money on coffee. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

I do too, but let's not kid ourselves. You are getting a better grade of coffee there than what you get from your vacuum-sealed can of Folgers.

Bottom line: If you're someone who knocks back more than five cups a day, Starbucks or any other specialty coffee vendor ain't the place for you. But if you like something a bit better, or just different, you may wanna opt for something other than what's been sitting on the burner plates at Speedway for the past four hours.

I like coffee, especially good coffee. But I can't drink it all the time because it rips my stomach to shards. So I'll splurge a couple times a week and get a large triple vanilla latte. It's even better if I can get it somewhere independent other than from the Wal-Mart of coffeehouses.

So I'll splurge a couple times a week and get a large triple vanilla latte. It's even better if I can get it somewhere independent other than from the Wal-Mart of coffeehouses.

If you are buying it from the Wal-Mart of coffee houses, I say "thank you" and keep drinking(coffee, that is).

I also share that same opinion. I hate the idea of people spending all of that money on coffee. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

How much money do you think people spend on coffee at Starbucks?

Do you object to people buying coffee sold at fast food places, or the prices they pay for those purchases??

Jim is right about Starbucks...it's more than just a cup of coffee. Before anyone starts eschewing the "big evil coffe giant", take a moment to find out the bigger picture.