Starbucks Raising Prices Again

Watusi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see why people dont like their prices, but I dont understand why people hate the company itself. I mean, obviously there are some people that dont care to spend that much money on it because they are still in business and doing very well. So if they want to spend that much on coffee then so be it, its not hurting you any. They arent making you buy it or drink it so why the hate.

I say this as a person who is not a huge supporter of Starbucks I really dont even drink the stuff, I just dont hate it either and dont understand why people do.

$2.50 for 12 oz works out to about $27 dollars per gallon. Amazing what people will pay for coffee or water.

Now that will be $2.59 with the price hike, an increase of about $1 per gallon, making it $28 per gallon. :eek:

Does the fact that we're now paying $3.50 a gallon for milk have anything to do with their price hike?

In the end, it seems that everyone's raising prices because of transportation costs...

Transportation costs are part of it. The price of milk is part of it.

Obviously, as one of the leading purchasers of milk in the US, Starbucks doesn't pay $3.50/gal. But, the prices HAVE risen significantly.

Plus, each of the transportation carriers now imposes a fuel surcharge on each invoice.

9 cents isn't going to keep anyone away from the store unless they already refuse to buy there and then it will just be another excuse for them. The increase is probably to help pay for the benefits that EVERY employee receives, full or part time. Personally, I don't even drink coffee but I've never understood the hatred for Starbucks.

I have never understood why people want to be judgemental about what other people drink or eat. Seriously, if you choose not to go to Starbucks, then fine. But why dog other people for doing so?

FYI - I have never been in Starbucks and I dislike coffee.

I don't understand either.

Plus, why is everyone so upset when a company is successful, and makes money?

I never understood this either.

If Starbucks isn't successful, for instance:

Shareholders lose money

Stores cut staff or close (costs jobs)

Suppliers lose clients (lose money, cut jobs)

Transportation companies lose supplier to distributor clients (cut hours, lose jobs)

If the company that an individual works for doesn't make money, it will close. If it's the company you work for, I'm certain you want it to make money, otherwise you lose your job.